Thread: Ice fishing tournaments

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Ice fishing tournaments

I see the Binbrook derby is feb 9 but i have not seen if Valens is having a derby this year has anybody heard anything about Valens. Thanks Sonny

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Yes feb 19 25$ for adults 15$ for kids first 50 kids under 12 get a ice fishing combo. I will be there last year the bite was off one caught and released pike the all winter.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

c&p

In the spirit or getting your derbies all lined up - here is the details for Valens Lake.
    Please note the Rules and Regulations page - we will update prize listings as they develop.

Good luck - more to follow.

Gord

Ice Fishing Derby
    Rules and Regulations
    Saturday February 15, 2014

The HCA reserves the right to change the following rules at any time up to the day before the derby. If the rules are changed, the revised rules will be posted at the park on the day of the event.

1. Catch and release derby open to anyone. There is no minimum age for participants, however, all children must be with a parent or legal guardian at all times during the derby.
    2. All adult participants must pay the derby fee of $25 per person. Child derby fee is $15 per person for those 12 and under. The first 50 children through the gates will receive a rod/reel combo valued at ~$25. Tickets can be purchased the day of the derby.
    3. Catches will be accepted at the live release ice hut from 8 a.m. until the closing of the derby, 2 p.m.
    4. Prizes will be awarded after catches are closed, approximately 2:30 p.m.
    5. Fish species credited in the derby are bluegill, crappie, pumpkin seed, brown bullhead, and perch. No other species accepted for the derby.
    6. Tickets are based on live release of the fish. One ticket per two fish. A maximum number of 25 tickets will be allowed per angler for fish caught. An additional entry ticket will be given upon arrival to the park.
    7. A 5-gallon pail or similar container to transport for live release is mandatory.
    8. Participants with winning ticket must be present to claim prize or prizes.
    9. If conditions occur which are found dangerous to derby participants, the HCA staff have the right to deem the derby closed and prizes will be given out by random draw.
    10. All participants must do their utmost to exhibit good sportsmanship and are responsible for following park rules and regulations.
    11. All participants must follow the Provincial Fishing Regulations set out by the Ministry of Natural Resources.
    12. It is the participant’s responsibility to identify fish species correctly.
    13. All HCA staff, sponsors and event volunteers are not liable for any expenses, claims or demands that may arise from all participating in the derby.
    14. By entering the derby all participants declare an understanding of all derby rules and agree to abide by them. In addition, it is understood that images of the derby and/or participants may be used by the HCA for future marketing purposes.
    15. All rules are subject to the interpretation of the HCA staff and are final.
    :fish:Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught:fish:

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Mike i am hoping to get over for the derby at Valens this year . Good luck Sonny

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

ill be at binbrooks tourny, unfortunately valens is the same day as the barrie homebuilders tourny

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

im heading to bhb

shoot me your number scott, phone got stolen and lost all my contacts

havent seen ya out yet which is odd lol

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

you doing the bhb tourney?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

HMMMMMM...
    May have to join you guys!!
    Be great to see you all.
    Ill know better as the BHB gets closer.

FSHN 247
    Jay
    Four things I love to do.....Fish in the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter!!!!