Thread: Sand lake by Huntsville

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Sand lake by Huntsville

The girlfriend wants to get away on a little weekend together. She has settled here and i even have the go ahead to fish for a bit . What can I expect from this lake..? It's the first I ever heard of it. Any lure recs? Thanks all
    Last edited by sidekick10121; January 24th, 2014 at 07:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

The Magnetewan river flows in and out of Sand lake. Also Cashmans creek. You can expect to catch (greasy) Lakers there and the odd Rainbow. Lots of Smelt there as well. Should be plenty of huts out there so you can talk to other fishermen. Good luck...........Boog

Just starting out

User Info Menu

What do you mean by greasy? Like small and fatty that Arnt good eating? Thanks for the reply

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Lakers (which taste fine from there IMO) and the occasioal rainbow or pike.

Pretty standard laker tackle, Williams spoons, little cleos, tubes etc. Tip with a minnow.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

lakers run 2-5lbs there mostly. won't be hard to see where everyone fishes. rainbows are pretty much non existant there now and there is also the odd whitefish caught as well. High mercury content in the lake I normally just let em go.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I fish it in the summer, however I've never been out on the ice, there are nice size perch too.
    Do you know where you are staying. Boogaloo did you know ray Wilson?