Thread: little lake barrie

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default little lake barrie

Hi everyone,
    just a question for anyone that has some info on this lake... How is the ice? Snow? Slush? Thinking about heading out tomorrow. Never fished it before but was told good and bad things about it. Anyone care to share their opinions?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I live very close to it and have to drive by it to fish Kempenfelt Bay. And that's exactly what I do. The ice conditions are good, but there isn't anything in it that can't be caught in Simcoe. Even when I'm taking my young son out for some panfish Simcoe is the first choice.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I read on one forum that there is about 18 inch of black ice some pike were caught. I would go to lake Simcoe Port bolster east end they were hammering them there this week you can drive on the ice 20inch plus my arms are still sore lol.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

dont waste your time on little lake. That being said its a shallow lake theres some pike and crappie there but not many crappie to be worth it. There is pics of walleye in the bait shop but there old pics. Go to Simcoe
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I guess I've been doing the same thing as everyone else. Drove by the lake many times but never bothered to fish there. I do 75% of my hard water fishing on simcoe and was thinking about switching up to little lake for a change. But may by not. Thanks for all your inputs.