Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ice Fishing Toy!!!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default New Ice Fishing Toy!!!

Well after years of overheating snowmobiles on the lakes that didn't have snow on them just to get to my fishing hole and years of getting the little 340cc stuck in snow up the the seat, I hope I have finally solved my problem Just picked up a Bearcat 570xt fancooled. Going to break her in this week around the farm pulling the kids around and then up to the cottage for the winter she goes. Hope to have many memories with this one, until I get her stuck! I heard helicopters are exspensive.

photo.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

EXCELLENT choice!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

very nice looking ride
    :fish:Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught:fish:

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Probably could have got a Skandic for the same price. Lol, just pulling your chain. Congrats
    Woody

Nothing is more certain than an extremist's hatred of compromise

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by woody1948 View Post
    Probably could have got a Skandic for the same price. Lol, just pulling your chain. Congrats
    You have the etec 600? Same price, likely not. Us southern ice fishers experience glare ice a lot, fan cooled sleds are great. Can't deny the power if the 600etec though.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You have a nice machine, two of my friends have the same one. You will be happy with the wide track, not to worry about slush or how much you can tow anymore. It is probably just as good in the bush as a Skandic.
    By the way, the etec is liquid with a fan and rad.
    Woody

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Buy yourself a good come along and a good length of rope or strap. We have two 2013 570XT Bearcats at work. Over the years I've ridden different sleds and without a doubt, these have to be the worst pigs on the market. They weigh a ton, takes at least two guys to lift the rear end. Horrible fuel mileage. After every possible adjustment on front spring adjustment and track adjustment settings, they steer like the Titanic, takes forever to get them to turn. On hard pack trails they're not bad, just wait until you have to break trail and it gets deep, bring a snorkel, they don't ride on top, they plow under it. The only good thing is the seat, it's comfortable. You could give me one, I would leave the keys in it and put a "please steal me sign" on it. I wouldn't give one to my worst enemy for fear he'd come back and stab me with a rusty screwdriver.
    And if you think I'm crazy, the Base has a whole wack of them, nobody is happy with them. They don't have the winch kit for the front for nothing.
    Last edited by Fisherman; January 25th, 2014 at 09:47 PM.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Buy yourself a good come along and a good length of rope or strap. We have two 2013 570XT Bearcats at work. Over the years I've ridden different sleds and without a doubt, these have to be the worst pigs on the market. They weigh a ton, takes at least two guys to lift the rear end. Horrible fuel mileage. After every possible adjustment on front spring adjustment and track adjustment settings, they steer like the Titanic, takes forever to get them to turn. On hard pack trails they're not bad, just wait until you have to break trail and it gets deep, bring a snorkel, they don't ride on top, they plow under it. The only good thing is the seat, it's comfortable. You could give me one, I would leave the keys in it and put a "please steal me sign" on it. I wouldn't give one to my worst enemy for fear he'd come back and stab me with a rusty screwdriver.
    And if you think I'm crazy, the Base has a whole wack of them, nobody is happy with them. They don't have the winch kit for the front for nothing.
    Jeeze harsh review, but definitely honest... buyers remorse setting in yet greenpark?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

For Mr Fisherman Hey thanks for the review but if I read a review on every thing that I have bought over the years I would have left all those items on the store shelf or in the dealers parking lot. There is always something negative to be found if we look hard enough. Lets hope they corrected some of the issues you mentioned in the 2014 version As for a stuck snowmobile....well that's why you bring a come along and a buddy that rides with you on the extra seat. To me that's just all part of doing what we love, Guess I'm that guy that always looks at the glass half full.

No buyers remorse... Have driven lots of friends bearcat's over the years with the oldest being a 2010. Have never had a problem unless you call digging a stuck sled out of the snow remorse but who hasn't done that in the past.

Woody If my father would of brought home a SkiDoo when we were little kids I probably would of bought a Skandic or Tundra but he showed up with an Arctic Cat and have been driving one ever since. lol

Cheers

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No they are not that bad. Heavy yes, hard on gas yes, but they handle as well as all the other utility sleds. They are all heavy and hard on gas except the etec. You may need skins on the skis and mess around a while until your suspension is set up. But you still have a wide track. My Polaris W /T and my Skandic, both lean toward 600 lbs each. Get an old bumper jack to go with your come a long and you won't need help.
    Woody

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast