Thread: Can I drive my truck on Rosseau or Muskoka

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Can I drive my truck on Rosseau or Muskoka

Hey i know we have good ice this year, but was wondering if people are bringing there trucks out on the lakes yet ?? Rosseau or Muskoka? I would love to get some lakers and walking isnt a problem its getting the old man out with me.
    Ive got all equipment , again its dad sayin he wont fish till we can drive on the lake.,
    Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you,

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

You can ALWAYS drive your truck out.
    Once.

I would have to say no, not because of the ice thickness but just because of the sick amount of snow this year.
    Anyone else?
    Arrogant city dweller.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by muskokaguy View Post
    You can ALWAYS drive your truck out.
    Once.

I would have to say no, not because of the ice thickness but just because of the sick amount of snow this year.
    Anyone else?

100% no for lake muskoka

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The snow is not too bad on the lakes over our way, but I haven't checked to see if they are driving on the lakes. I take my tractor 4000lbs on our lake to clear a rink, but I know where NOT to drive.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

We were out on Rosseau yesterday. It was a blizzard out there and the snow is quite deep. Made walking a challenge. If you don't want to walk far go to Windermere.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I wouldnt yet

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

The ice isn't great this year at all, not much of real black ice and lots of frozen slush. I have seen trucks and cars around Windemer before but not this year, be careful around Red leaf as someone went thru and drown there three or four years ago. But right now, you won't make it, we got over a foot of snow on Friday night in Port carling and Bala area so there are roughly 18" of snow in some spot. I had a fun ride pulling my portable on Saturday and a guy got stuck beside my hut and I had to give him a pull.