Thread: Coloured line ok?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Coloured line ok?

Hey all, so I just picked up some heavier line to try lake trout tomorrow, I bought fire line, one spool was crystal (they only had 1) and the other I ended up having to get charcoal black, my question is will the fish see this? I am unfamiliar with all the techniques when it comes to fishing line.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I fish with some black winter line and walleye in ottawa hit my line as much as my friends clear line...hopes it helps

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Use a 3ft leader of fluorocarbon on your main line and your worries are over. Use a uni to uni knot.

Cheers

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Yeah I don't have any floro and didn't wanna buy any, I guess Ill have to for next time

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

If your jigging spoons, plastics or crank baits you should be ok. On the other hand for set lines using live bait (minnow/worm) I would go with a fluoro leader, hope this helps.
    A bad day of fishing....is not as bad as you think.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Always use a swivel and flour leader. It stops the line from getting twisted. And I'm convinced the blue line is awful. Fish can see it I think. Black I'm not sure. Good luck

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Just use Mono if you dont have any Floro. I found i get more bite's with a leader.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sometimes I think coloured line is bad......then i recall the piles and piles of lake trout ive caught on my steel line trolling rod.