Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peele island hunt

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Peele island hunt

Planning on hunting peele island this coming fall. Does anyone have any suggestions on a decent cottage to rent ? Thinking probably four guys. Looking for somewhere with a kitchen and a BBQ. Also does anyone know the ferry costs ? Any other info would be great too. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Go on line and check out Pelee island site,they will have info on places to stay and same for the boat, the boat starts booking this Feb 26, you can also try this number for a place to stay..Dave/Charleen 519-724-2092

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I have always stayed at the same small cottage, so I can't really give you any advice on other places, but we pay around 70.00 per night each person (private cottage, could sleep around 4 hunters) ... so look for costs around that price, possibly a little higher too. As for other things you should know, the Ferry reservations are on Feb.26,27, 28 at 8:00am (for the first, second and third main hunts). The cost is around $16.00 per vehicle plus $8.00 per person - around that price give or take a few bucks (one way). Also, I believe licenses are slighly cheaper if you order them ahead of time, so look into that as this is something new - checkout the pelee website. Not much to buy on the island, so make sure you bring lots of ammo and don't forget any of your hunting gear. It is a fun hunt, I am sure you will enjoy it ... I am personally going to try for the last main hunt or possibly one of the cleanup hunts, pending on work and family (baby on the way).

Lorenzo

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Also, type in Pelee Island in the SEARCH box on this site and you will get a ton of info. from previous posts.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'll be watching this thread. I'm thinking of trying it this year myself.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lor79 View Post
    Also, type in Pelee Island in the SEARCH box on this site and you will get a ton of info. from previous posts.
    Thanks a lot for the info never thought of searching previous posts good idea. I went with my Dad once about 10 years ago but we stayed at a womens house she cooked our meals and everyone was very nice but I was hoping to do more of a hunt camp style this year with a cottage and do it yourself meal. I remember there wasn't too much available on the island except strippers they fly in from Detriot, I never went but I thought it was pretty funny wonder if they still do that

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoreducks View Post
    there wasn't too much available on the island except strippers they fly in from Detriot, I never went but I thought it was pretty funny wonder if they still do that
    Guess your getting old when you wonder if they will fly in pluckers instead of strippers...

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lor79 View Post
    ... I am personally going to try for the last main hunt or possibly one of the cleanup hunts, pending on work and family (baby on the way).

Lorenzo
    Lorenzo congrats on the upcoming addition to your family. I was planning on hitting the last main hunt as well this year. It'll be my first year on Peele.

Take care
    Rob

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob, if I do end up going I will let you know and maybe we can hook up there and hit a few fields together. I have previously hunted the first and second main hunts, but I found that I always lose the best woodcock flights here so starting this year Pelee will be a November event for me whenever I can go.

Lorenzo

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Oh So Tempting!

I "plan" (more like wish) to go every year, yet I have never managed a trip out there yet. Maybe this year...

Those of you who go, do you bring a dog? Do you need to? My GSP is six months old now but should get a clue by November.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast