Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shedding

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    Well he looks like a Brittany, acts like a Brittany but sheds very little. Maybe I feed him well....lol
    Definitely more noticeable in the winter/spring with everything closed up. He doesn't shed too much in summer or fall.

Question for you though: do you find your Brittany gets mats behind the ears?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Could be worse, You could have a Curly Coated Retriever like me. I have black curly hairs all over the place and my wife asking, who the black hairs belong to and what's her name?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Wife View Post
    Definitely more noticeable in the winter/spring with everything closed up. He doesn't shed too much in summer or fall.

Question for you though: do you find your Brittany gets mats behind the ears?
    Not much but it is an area that we have to groom because it grows fast there. It is a burr magnet in there though. I have his ears (and under) as well as the hair between toes done regularly, the rest of his body doesn't need grooming much. He is actually a very low shedding dog.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Not much but it is an area that we have to groom because it grows fast there. It is a burr magnet in there though. I have his ears (and under) as well as the hair between toes done regularly, the rest of his body doesn't need grooming much. He is actually a very low shedding dog.
    Mine gets burrs behind the ears too (especially if we don't clip the hair). Lucky you on the shedding.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Well he looks like a Brittany, acts like a Brittany but sheds very little. Maybe I feed him well....lol
    Yes looks like a Brittany. I wish I got the low shedding version.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

My ECS sheds like a beast. Big black clumps of hair always around the house, I sweep a couple times a day. I hate dog hair.
    "You don't own a cocker, you wear one"

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I may have to cut out a mat near the ears once a year. Most likely burrs however this will happen every time we hunt. As previously mentioned grooming is minimal with them. Just Tail clean up and feet in the winter.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

This is an interesting thread about the shedding. You don't know how many times I have heard the lab people say don't get a golden because of the long hair and I try and not say anything. My goldens shed but usually just your yearly shed and then it is done. Yes we do have some hair year round but it is easy to clean up.
    deb

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

With 4 pets (2 dogs, 2 cats) in a small house, I see my fair share of hair on the floors. I read reviews on the robot vac and apparently is doesn't work on dark floors unless you take out the sensors? I was worried about how it would handle all the hair as well. My current vacume (dirt devil) cant keep up with the hair. The hair gets clogged inside and I have to blow it out with an air hose from the shop after every use. So now I use a shop vac lol. Doesn't have a beater board for carpets but does a good job on the hard floors.
    I cant decide on the Dyson slim pet hair edition or the robot vac. Anyone have any comments on the robot vac with dark floors? PM me if you do please!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123