Thread: King Township Revised Firearm By-Law Proposal: Round 2!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Exclamation King Township Revised Firearm By-Law Proposal: Round 2!

The King Township revised proposal for the Firearms By-Law has been posted. Please read it over and if there is anything that you feel that should be changed please attend the meeting at the King Township town hall on Jan 27th OR post it here and one of us can be a voice for you. Thank you!

http://www.king.ca/Government/Depart...s/default.aspx

Paul
    Expect Nothing, Blame No One, Determine Your Priorities, & Do Something. :thumbup:

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zr2Paul View Post
    The King Township revised proposal for the Firearms By-Law has been posted. Please read it over and if there is anything that you feel that should be changed please attend the meeting at the King Township town hall on Jan 27th OR post it here and one of us can be a voice for you. Thank you!

http://www.king.ca/Government/Depart...s/default.aspx

Paul
    thanks for the info paul. i heard about the first draft didnt know about the second comming up.. looks good to me.. a question though.. it never said descharge is prohibited for target shooting or shootin clays.. are they going to allow that? that would be awesome if they are

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    thanks for the info paul. i heard about the first draft didnt know about the second comming up.. looks good to me.. a question though.. it never said descharge is prohibited for target shooting or shootin clays.. are they going to allow that? that would be awesome if they are

If discharge is not specifically outlined in the bylaw, then its not covered. Shooting is shooting, unless they make a specific reference to the type of shooting. However, there are major flaws in this unnescesary bylaw, specifically the acreage requirement and the requirement for a farm business registration by the landowner in order that the property be exempt in the defined area. IE: you own 5 acres south of the 16th, but its just a bushlot and your not a farmer. You can't hunt it, and you can't give someone else permission to hunt it. This bylaw is flawed and needs to be defeated. Tell your friends!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Yes there are still some issues with the bylaw and it's important we take care of them now. As for target shooting, it is not allowed in King Township. Let's get some support and show up to the meeting. I'm still recovering from surgery so I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend. You can always contact OFAH and forward your concerns to them as they have a speaker at the meeting. It was a disaster at the first meeting, so hopefully it all goes well at the 2nd meeting.

Paul
    Expect Nothing, Blame No One, Determine Your Priorities, & Do Something. :thumbup:

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Paul do you where they will be holding the meeting and at what time? Thanks Carlo

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I will not be able to attend, but the subject of target shooting( archery ) needs to be raised. If I live outside the defined areas there is no reason I should not beable to practice.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

How did the meeting go last night? Anyone here attend?

Paul