Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making .50 BP bullets, 00 Buckshot

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

What do you use those slugs for? Are they very accurate? How heavy are they?
    "I may not have gone where I was supposed to go, but I ended up where I was supposed to be"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Well I decided to buy some lead off eBay....this guys professes that it's pure..and it looks like it. For $25 (including shipping) for 10 lbs what the heck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:L:OC:US:3160

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Dad used to work as an electrical technologist, they would eat over their soldering irons, really dumb with what we know now.

There are lots of ventilation systems that work well, casting is fine, just have an exhaust fan pulling the fumes away from you and out of your house.

I would not cast in the house. In the garage with the big door open and a big fan sucking that crap out is the way to go. A respirator doesn't hurt either.

HA

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

The slugs I have here are from a LEE cast die. We used for fun shoots, pumpkin, watermellon. Don't think I would try for big game, I would buy proper deer slugs. These casting take some work to shave off the lines left over from lead forms.
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

User Info Menu

The more I read on the making boolits, the more I realize how dangerous and wrong we were doing it... Glad we parted ways and I found this group, prior to this I was always taking former buddies advice and ways. Great guy, but jesh...now I know and did my own research... I will be getting the higgsson molds in LEE brand for now.

Part of the reason for massive cleanup (leads SG slugs) was the improper molding techinques....man can save some real time here.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No kidding, lost of great advice here...I was going to spend the afternoon boiling down a bunch of dirt old wheel weights for some lead...read a few posts here and no, not the best idea.

I picked up my 10lb lock of soft lead Mon in the US....man is it soft, I can score the surface with my fingernail. The 'X' you see (right hand corner) I did with the tip of a screw that was laying there. Much better product for bullets than trying to recover it on the cheap....not to mention well worth $25 instead of sweat equity and damaged lungs

User Info Menu

Where did you get? And how much, I go to Syracuse and Watertown a lot in the summer.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I ordered it off ebay (see link in previous post) ...delivered to my PO box in Ogdensburg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12