Thread: anybody have experience with pse kingfisher

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default anybody have experience with pse kingfisher

I outgrew my old bow and need a new one, I've been looking at the PSE kingfisher as its cheap and comes with a bowfishing kit. I'm going to be using it mostly for small game and maybe bow fishing or for frogs. So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with it or if there are any good alternatives around the same price, the only problem I can find is that it is noisy.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

there are a few models in the bass pro cataloge

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I don't think the fish care how noisy your bow is.

But there is a book you should check out sometime.

It is called "Archery" and written by Rick Sapp. On page 29 is a lovely photo of an AMS Bowfishing "Fish Hawk Bow with Koi Carp Camo" (as if the fish care whether you have camouflage on your bow...)

The book has about 6 different examples of bows specifically made for bowfishing (and honestly I think it is really silly how they stick camouflage on bowfishing bows...), so you might want to check the book out in a bookstore sometime (don't buy it, just browse it) and see the different bows I am talking about. That way you have your options.

Or you could just buy a more versatile and customizable bow which can be used for other things.

Or!

You could go traditional on those fishes and get a South American bow with those super long arrows...

Indigenous-Traditional-Bowfishing.jpg
    \\\\\_____________________\"-._
    /////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/.-'

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Or just build your own bowfishing bow!
    \\\\\_____________________\"-._
    /////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/.-'

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I've built a bow before and its really fun to shoot but this bow is going to be mostly for grouse and rabbit so I'm wondering if it will be too loud the reel and arrow is just a bonus for me.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Danny20gauge
    Go to The Bow Shop and buy a good used bow (compound or trad. ) and then outfit it. PM me here if you want to get out this spring .
    Glen