Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default CKC Field Dog Tests 2014

Just an FYI for those who participate:

new category added: Field Dog Advanced

See page 18

http://www.ckc.ca/en/Portals/0/pdf/R...ield%20Dog.pdf

Also FDX titles will now include.... CHFDX
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Sounds like a nice way to ease into the higher level.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Just a quick question if anyone can answer it. I ran and passed a NAVHDA NA test last year and ran and passed 2 FDJ test last year. At one of the CKC test a guy told me I didn't need to run the FDJ test because I have ran the NA test. I would have been able to just start at FD. Is this true. If so can I skip the 3rd FDJ test for a Title.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I don't know. It would certainly make sense. Nothing is in writing about that, that I've ever seen. If you read the brochure the entrance rules are clear. ???? I know you have to have passing scores for 3 events at the same level , before you can move on to the next level.. That makes no sense to me except for $$$$$$$ to CKC. If I have a dog that can do FDX now, why do I have to do FD?
    Last edited by Sharon; January 30th, 2014 at 06:48 PM.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The way it was explained to me is you only need the FD level to run in FDX. You can go straight to FD without ever running an FDJ event. If your dog will retrieve to hand on land then you would have no problem in FD. FDX is whole other story though. You need to be steady to wing and shot, retrieve on land and water and honor other dogs on point. When your dog can pass FDX you have a fabulous hunting partner.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I guess FDJ is good for exposer for the pup in test fields but kind of a waste of time and money. I'll try to get her in FD and skip my third FDJ test. Season is to short for wasting time with a FDJ test.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Terrym is correct. A FDJ title is not a prerequisite for the FD test.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Thank you for your help.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Little Brit I would finish your FDJ requirement you have one leg left your investment has already been made into the FDJ testing. With that being said, if you sign up for all tests on the weekend you would be able to Change it to FD (usually), although I heard of a test last year that would not let a Brittany owner move up after completing FDJ on the Saturday, I believe this is the exception as I was allowed to this after I finished FDJ.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kjay View Post
    Little Brit I would finish your FDJ requirement you have one leg left your investment has already been made into the FDJ testing. With that being said, if you sign up for all tests on the weekend you would be able to Change it to FD (usually), although I heard of a test last year that would not let a Brittany owner move up after completing FDJ on the Saturday, I believe this is the exception as I was allowed to this after I finished FDJ.
    I finished my 3rd leg of FDJ in the morning and was encouraged by the testing judges to run the FD leg the same day. Not sure why the club discouraged it. All i can think is maybe they were booked solid and didn't want any more entries?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast