Thread: Plenty of Life in the Woods!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Plenty of Life in the Woods!

I decided to go out for few hour walk with the dog in the woods this morning, i was using a trail left by a snowmobile just off the highway by lakeshore dr exit, looked like it hadn't been used thought some antlers my be laying around some rub spots. I saw 2 grouse not sure what ones, my dog ran under some pine trees where the spring seeds had fallen and scared them off , Never hunted Partridge so i never knew how fast they could run, He was out from under the dome of the tree within seconds flying to another tree branch. I saw fresh tracks from deer, and some awfully big ones that I couldn't make out. All in all i thought there was plenty of life and even saw a single goose flying overhead.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Plenty of life in the city too! Had my two out along the Humber River at Lawrence Ave in Toronto (less than a block from high rises and a mighty traffic jam. I couldn't figure out what the youngest was sniffing after until I walked over to see up close. Perfect set of deer tracks. Had his nose tucked right in and kept looking back as I walked him out.
    C.A. in TO
    FIDE CANEM ~ Trust the Dog

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Hopefully it made it back to the woods.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

About an hour ago I heard my dog barking at something in the front yard. Sure enough, there was a male grouse all puffed up with fan tail chasing a hen unperturbed by the barks 15 yards away. On my drive home this afternoon I also saw a half dozen deer near hunt club road and the 416 gorging on left over corn from the cut field.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

i also saw some recently as well
    not a very good picture
    which variety is this one?

and are these marten or fisher?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Snowshoe Hare tracks

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

thanks swampsinger!