Thread: Trail Camera-Viewing Screen??

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Trail Camera-Viewing Screen??

Hi guys,
    Im looking at buying a new camera and really love all the spypoint I have owned (last long and uses AA batery). I saw at Canadien Tire they are selling all sort but the Tiny-7 caught my eyes, black LED, 8mp, video w/ sound etc. I made some research on the net it seems to be not bad but it as a picture viewing screen at the back.
    So my question is, if anyone has had a camera that has this feature, is it good in our freezing climate.
    Thanks for the help, and if you have any other suggestion it's appreciated

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Rack, take it from me there is no such thing as an LCD display that works well at cold temps unless it is Mil Spec. I have tested them and I can tell you there are all sorts of issues. Get a model with removable media, buy a tablet with a compatible slot. You can use the tablet for other things and spend less money on the cam. I use an e-reader. I keep it warm in my coat and bring it out when I check the cam. With a second card you can drop in the new one and take the other to view while you are sitting and waiting for the game to show up.
    Last edited by DGearyFTE; February 21st, 2014 at 04:59 PM.
    There is room for all God's creatures - right next to the mashed potatoes!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I have an SD card reader for my Iphone 5 and it works great I just swap the cards and review in my stand or back at the truck. Weights nothing and easy to pack in

Dan

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Thanks like you said i'm probably better buying a small lcd reader that I can keep in my coat.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

The other advantage is that once you set the cam, let it take a pic. Then you pull the card and have a much larger screen to give you a good idea of whether or not you like the coverage and pointing position.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

The other thing I can think of is the case where you have multiple cams. With a single reader that you can walk away with the data and you have all the pics from the cams without having to move them or walk back to put them in place.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I just keep my point and shoot on me and pop the card in to have a look, otherwise I have my laptop in my backpack and download them there if I want to keep them.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Canadian Waterfowl Supplies Pro Staff | Go Hunt Birds Field Staff

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I carry a digital camera with me any time out in the bush(always interesting things to take a photo of).So-I just stick the SD card from the TrailCam into my camera, and see what happened. Small, handy, and true multipurpose.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I bought one of the spypoint models they had on sale at sail for $160. It has the viewing screen on the back and is fine in the cold so far. I love it because it's helps me when I am setting up the camera to find the perfect view for where I want to capture.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    I carry a digital camera with me any time out in the bush(always interesting things to take a photo of).So-I just stick the SD card from the TrailCam into my camera, and see what happened. Small, handy, and true multipurpose.
    Same here bring a digital camera with extra sd cards. Swap the cards and leave and check my pics while walking out gaha