Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314

Thread: What is considered a humane kill shot ?

Elite Member

User Info Menu

BW... in some of my other responses you will see that I am a big proponent of practice. It is one of the reasons that I recommend reloading because it allows you to shoot more for less. I normally start at what I am least good at. So when I get a chance I am usually in a standing position shooting to 100 yds. I have not managed to find trees that move to where I need them in order to make a rest to shoot off of. Funny how that is.
    Then I move to knee or sitting. Most can shoot prone so I don't work that one as much. Two things that I work all the time is breathing and trigger control.
    And there in lies the start of it all... the confidence to make good shot placement.
    There is room for all God's creatures - right next to the mashed potatoes!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 400bigbear View Post
    No I didn't Welsh because I'm just thinking about the original intent of the thread . And your arguing a point . Are you now saying it has nothing to do with what is a humane shot ?
    WTF are you even talking about? Are you suggesting that if people have some knowledge, they shouldn't bring it to bear on the discussion? Or are you just carrying on a lame-a** chickens**t personal vendetta here? Isn't this the point where you usually make some remark about my dog?
    Last edited by welsh; February 13th, 2014 at 08:34 PM.
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
    my thoughts exactly. trouble is people generally on this board tend to think that to accomplish proper shot placement, one only needs to hit a pie plate at 25 yards. At least with most of your 6 shots. All the rest is just legalities as far as caliber to be used, but really they don't agree with the law anyway. In my opinion
    Where do you get that idea? I suppose that's what an elitist would think of anyone who shoots less than 200 rounds a year out of each rifle before hunting season. Pretty well anyone on this board will recommend sighting in at 100 yards with a rifle and rechecking your zero every season. Maybe not quite as far with a shotgun. Practice is fine, but here in Ontario, "minute of deer" accuracy is good enough for the typical ranges we encounter. Dead is dead.

Also, those of us who actually hunt and experience death in animals know that they don't always go down within 20 yards. I don't care how much you practice or how good with a rifle you claim to be, it just doesn't happen that way. If that's what is happening out there in Alberta, you should call in a wildlife biologist to investigate the deer that seem to be an anomaly in your area. I don't know when this thread became "Blackwood's sermon on ethics and shot placement", but most of us are tired of reading your exaggerated claims. Look up the word "confabulation", it will explain a little of what is going on here.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

If you can't play nice..........

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314