Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Friend

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Wife View Post
    You should let him and his son read this thread to find out the answer.
    X2 you must type faster than I do....

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I think your just venting as well, you know the answer. "HELL NO"
    Never resent growing old, Many do not get the chance.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

The problem is I have known my friend for 20 years. Although his son is 24, and my son is just 20, they have been "friends" since they were very young and small. Problem is his son has definitely gotten into the wrong crowd, drugs etc are normal fare for Nick. He lives on the gov't dole, while my son works 2 jobs. Nick came to live with us a few years ago for a few months to keep him out of jail. Nick is also F.A.S.

So normally it would be cut and dry, but this complicates things a bit

Just starting out

User Info Menu

NO. NO. NO.. Just in case you missed it the first time. NO

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Are you serious...a big fat NO would be the right answer....you and your son do not need friends like that!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Sounds as if your friend is inviting himself, and you want to say no. It is your holiday, your time to enjoy with your son. Be up front with "friend" , if it pi$$'s him off it may be to the best. Good luck with your decision.

Dick

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Not a chance, wouldn't even entertain the thought. Your friend sounds like he was sticking up for his son who seems to be the problem. If your friendship means a lot then I would perhaps have the your friend but not the son. Lay down the ground rules with your friend again so he knows where everyone stands. If your friend can't live with the rules he moves on.

outback

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Invite em back? I would have sent them packin before letting them even finish out the hunt. Sounds like the kid has some issues to begin with...but last thing I would be doing is putting a gun in his hand. Think maybe he should figure his anger and life out before he does any sort of hunting, this is how people get hurt. Anyone takes a swing at anyone at a camp I am involved in let a lone one of my family, I would either be removing myself from the group permanently or they would be gone. To me hunting is time to get away and enjoy my self with family and friends the last thing I would wann be worry about is some camp clown, smokin a joint then grabbin a gun shooting deer he doesnt have tags for, letting everyone else do all the work and then have the nerve to take a swing at anyone...................think you can tell my answer would be no!!!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

The awesomeness is large in your camp.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default My Friend

You stated that the son lived with your family to keep him from going to jail. So my question is can he even legally possess a firearm? You and your family don't need the hassles of having them in camp. So my answer would be no.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast