Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: plans for trout opener

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default plans for trout opener

whats everyones plans for the opener? where are yall planning on headed out, what flies do you think are gunna work best? Im not to confident in my opener going to well as I can for see extremely high water levels and fast current with all this snow I think the melt off is going to affect the lower saugeen pretty good so im thinking about looking for a new spot maybe up by walkerton but have no idea where to go? ive got some mayfly flies tied up but I doubt ill use them on opener. so im thinking about maybe using some egg patterns and maybe some sucker spawn patterns? haha if you guys have any ideas about decent spots ( not asking for favourite spots or honey holes) you can inbox me or post it on here if your comfortable same goes with any thoughts on flies I would like to add some more dry flies to my box also. thanks for reading and any info

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I'll be chasing resident trout. Not going to bother with steelhead and the crowds that come with it...

As for flies, pheasant tail nymphs, stonefly nymphs and a variety of streamers will be in my arsenal.
    Dave Barrett ~ Fly Fish Ontario.ca ~ Professional Fish Bum

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I'll be hitting the creeks in search of bookies, I hate the shoulder to shoulder fishing in the GTA on openers, not to mention the typical people throwing spoons with big treble hooks and braided line if you get my drift.

My lure of choice will be a panther martin tipped with a gulp maggot or dew worm, can't wait. Goodluck!
    Well I ain't no movie star, but I can get behind anything

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Anything but trout fishing. I'll wait for at least a week before I go out.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus86 View Post

My lure of choice will be a panther martin tipped with a gulp maggot or dew worm, can't wait. Goodluck!
    For Creek Brookies, they wouldn't touch the Gulp Maggots last year (first time I tried them). Switched to the worm and they couldn't resist. I find the Gulp Maggots work on panfish.

Fly People - Sorry for the highjacking!!!

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Can't....comment.... Or I'll Get too... exited... (*Twitch*)

1 month 16 days!
    If people Concentrated on only the really important things in life, there'd be no shortage of fishing poles.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

hahahaha I know eh houndlover

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Houndlover View Post
    Can't....comment.... Or I'll Get too... exited... (*Twitch*)

1 month 16 days!
    I know how you feel and am right there with you.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I'll be fishing privite water on the Ganny for opener, for both steelhead and browns. Lots of fish and just a few other guys, can't beat that.

Rich.
    Wild steelhead are gifts from the river gods and are to be respected and handled as little as possible.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandTan View Post
    I'll be fishing privite water on the Ganny for opener, for both steelhead and browns. Lots of fish and just a few other guys, can't beat that.

Rich.
    If you ever need a "net man" for your private trip on the Ganny i'd like to offer my services... I can net and fish, I am multi-talented

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast