Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing rod recomendations

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Carbonlites are on sale at BPS for the fishing classic, starting at 99$. I have three of them and really like them, all 1 piece. I haven't seen many two piece options if thats what you're looking for.
    Get the net...Get the net...Get the net!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Ugly stick all the way. But if you want to get fancy but not expensive, St-Croix Triumph rods are awesome.
    I have 2 of these for my kids.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I think the Ugly Stik is the quintessential Saturday night hooker. Its lasts and lasts and lasts, you get some pleasure from using it but it offers no sensation of sensitivity or feeling.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    I think the Ugly Stik is the quintessential Saturday night hooker. Its lasts and lasts and lasts, you get some pleasure from using it but it offers no sensation of sensitivity or feeling.
    LOL that's F'n funny !
    Catch Picture Release

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Slow clap for you sir. That's awesome.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

BPS series rods all the way. Best bang for the buck.Good rods with lots of choices.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I'm also a fan of the Carbonlites. While you're there pick up a shimano clarus a little lower ($60-70ish) in price but still a solid rod. I think you might have some trouble finding a spinning rod in the $100 range that is not one piece, don't know if that's a problem.
    Heeere fishy fishy fishy fishy! Hidden Content

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Another fan of the ugly stick
    Support your Troops. They support you.

Brandon MacDonald

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Ha Ha well said sir thats funny, thanks for all the replies guys. May have to go to a 1 piece or spend a little more for a 2 piece.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

daiwa t rods are wild, I think they're 79.99 but i'm not positive. all I know is the quality and sensitivity of the rod really surprised me. It's the best rod I've purchased excluding my fenwick hmg's, well worth the money

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast