Thread: Batch 2, .50 REAL Bullets

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Batch 2, .50 REAL Bullets

Sat down and made another batch of bullets last night. I am going to keep a few unsized to try out as others have posted. 6 lbs of lead bars, didn't count total bullets yet.
    Attachment 25025
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Hey there line,

What size are they out of the mould?

HA

User Info Menu

Lee 250 gr, got it from higgssons.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I was referring to the bullet diameter?

HA

User Info Menu

.501 DIE, resized to .501 with LEE resizer. It did scrape off just a little of the outer edges (you can see a sheen on on edges of grooves, some where harder to push thru than others). I used a micrometer on the low and high rifled edges on barrel .498 and .501. You can order molds with different sizes. A patched ball requires a smaller sized ball (.50 cal, but .496 ball to allow for patch thickness) to allow for thickness of patch material. I am just learning all this stuff myself. I have only used commercial bullets up to this point. Going out Sunday/Sat to MB if your interested. No chance this past weekend, Halifax for quick funeral.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Sorry for your loss. Condolences to you.

Where's MB?

HA

User Info Menu

Marlborough Forrest (north of Kemptville, west of North Gower on Rogers Stevens Drive) off Dwyer Hill Rd and Paden Rd - (go east). The range is at sign E7, about 1KM down on left. Been itching to shoot the cast bullets with .50, but with so much going the last couple weeks haven't taken the guns out at all, except for cleaning. Right now the forecast is better for Saturday. I will be bringing .22, .223, .308, .50 and a few shotguns. Also bringing the daughter and the boy....next door.... they love to shoot together. I will have a 4X4 sheet of plywood with ballons filled with flour for them to shoot. DGeary gave me that idea for the kids.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Unfortunately that's a bit out of the way for me. Have fun with the kids!!! They'll really enjoy the smoke!!!

HA

User Info Menu

I wish I could be here! Sounds like fun.
    Member of the National Firearms Association (NFA).