Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: weird or out of place things while hunting,fishing or even driving.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

while sitting in the turkey blind this morning we watched a full grown deer getting chased by a seagull, lil bugger was swooping down on the deer and everything..... and I thought I seen it all yesterday

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I found a pile of leaves that were disturbed in the forest so i started digging with a stick, turns out there was a dead raccoon burried under them, the amount of heavy decomposing leaves that had been piled on top and were packed so solid made me wonder what did it. Seemed like a lot of work for a fox. Also found a full porcelin toilet back in the middle of nowhere, where it would have been a lot of work to get it there even in the winter.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Not exactly my find but... My brother and I were fishing from the shore the Otonabee River when we were just little, I was maybe 11 and he was 7. We were watching these two divers out in the middle bringing up old bottles and other "finds" from the bottom. All of a sudden one of the guys come up panting and breathless and yells to his wife on the shore - "Mary, call the police! We've found a human head!".

My brother and I packed up pretty quick and got out of there. That's the kind of stuff nightmares are made of.

Turns out the case is unsolved to this day, more or less. They ID'd the victim but never got to the bottom of what happened. The body was mostly decomposed and had broken apart going over the Lock 19 dam.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Found a orange and black road construction pylon on a beaver house about 3 miles up a river I was fishing... even the beavers are unionized!!!
    A bad day fishing is always better than being on the couch!!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Buddy found a playgirl in a cabin in the middle of no were, said he kinda got freaked out and got the hell outta there .Also threw a dead hooker in the Otonabee river years ago.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by darrellf View Post
    Buddy found a playgirl in a cabin in the middle of no were, said he kinda got freaked out and got the hell outta there .
    I'd be freaked out too lol. An aroused sasquatch is not to be taken lightly.
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I was fishing a North Bay area backwoods lake in 1991 when I spotted this swimming red squirrel.
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?"

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Driving a logging road far from any farms or houses looking for bush chickens and this pops out in front of me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    I'd be freaked out too lol. An aroused sasquatch is not to be taken lightly.
    That's a picture I did not need put in my head.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B Wilson View Post
    Driving a logging road far from any farms or houses looking for bush chickens and this pops out in front of me.
    Did you eat it?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast