Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Predator hunting...
    Member of the OFAH, CCFR/CCDAF.
    http://firearmrights.ca/

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by werner.reiche View Post
    Whatever the articles are - more advanced content. Almost all the articles are at a beginner level. Have a look at gundog mag or d&dh and see the depth of those articles - more like that.

X2 I agree on the content of articles , I have a subscription to Fur Fish and Game.It is a small mag full of interesting and informative articles,and have every mag from 20 years on shelf. I recycle my OOD monthly.OOD is a quick read of entry level articles no reason to keep for reference. eg. the monthly gun articles by Ed Hall in FFG is so informative that OOD cannot hold a candle to it. Judd Cooney game calling articles are top notch, I believe he is wants us to be good game callers. Variety is the key with articles you need to address readers at more experienced level

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

How about articles regarding hunting with vets. An annual pheasant hunt on Pelee would be a start. Goose/Duck could be another. Perhaps some outfitters could provide their services.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I would like to see a spot on your web page where you have done all your fishing camp reviews so that I can go back and pick a region and see what camps you guys have done pieces on.

Thanks,

John

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

as you have a lot of long term subscribers, many have advanced in some type of hunting over the years and would prefer articles that reflect this. on the other hand, some beginner articles are always nice, not only for new hunters, but to get one interested in things that one hasnít had a chance to.
    Maybe once in a while some odd topics that get people actually outdoors rather than to the next store to buy more equipment; e.g. alternatives to sleds and atvs, self-guided tours, fall/winter camping, etc.
    And other topics that indirectely impact many of us; e.g. vet bills and benchmarking of what standard services should cost

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Fishing
    - I would like to see more about fly-in fishing camps in Ontario, and local drive to fishing holes.
    - How to properly prepare, organize, and pack for a fly-in fishing trip.
    - How to fish the Great Lakes at different times of the year (equipment and techniques)
    - Cooking: different types of camping cooking techniques

Hunting:
    - Plans for making a hunting blind
    - Deer calling techniques
    - Deer scent techniques

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Would like to see comments by the ofah on Dr vonholt's dna testing of North American wolves (largest ever done) proves that the Gray wolf is the only true wolf in north america. The eastern wolf and algonquin wolf are just coyote gray wolf cross. Which means the mnrf current coyote/wolf polices are going to accelerate the demise of the pure bred gray wolves.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Articles on DIY

Perhaps a section on modifications and tricks people have for fishing and hunting gear

Article(s) on getting kids out hunting (could be seasonal focused, one each just before spring, summer, fall and winter).

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Articles on hunting ANYTHING other then deer, moose, bear, and general all big game. Some articles on Air Rifles and Air Rifle hunting...a little more infomation on what you can legally hunt in Ontario with Air Rifles. Ballistics, marksmanship, DIY gunsmithing( mounting scopes, clean and care type stuff).
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast