Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What do you want to read?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    i would like to see more on rabbit hunting with and without dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    ......................I find the newsy parts the best. Poachers, Regulation changes, habitat improvements or damages, research findings, clubs, you know - that kind of stuff. You usually only have 3 or so pages dedicated to that, I wish it was bigger.

MC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Gun dog training articles. Several pros in ON who would be glad to give us their time to contribute and pics of their set ups /dogs would be very interesting to folks too. Pics/ articles on some of the bird dog tests/trials + beagle trials. ... all in ON.
    Quote Originally Posted by shorst97 View Post
    More about hunting with dogs, training them etc. and more small game hunting like rabbits (with and without dogs) and squirrels. Tactics, calls, hunting scenarios etc. Rabbit and squirrel and groundhog hunting is so cheap to get into that its a much better option for some hunters like new hunters or people that cant take off work for the short turkey and rifle deer seasons.

And definitely keep up the wild game cooking and recipes. More stuff on cooking outdoors with basic equipment. The food aspect of hunting is going to be vital to getting hunting more accepted socially.
    Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    More hunting dog articles. You could do a different type every month, pointers, flushers , retrievers, hounds, versatiles. Also include the Ontario experts for each style. Breeders, Pro Trainers and also include actual hunt sidebar stories. Maybe back it up with a directory of breed clubs, CKC, Field trial/Hunt test schedules. Do separate columns on Hunt Tests and Trials. Lots of experts here in Ontario who I'm sure could fill a column easily
    These.................
    You’re lucky to have the gear you already have. Some people wish they had stuff as nice as the stuff you think isn’t good enough. - Bill Heavey

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

More on rabbit hunting.
    more on hunting with hounds.
    hunting grouse with bird dogs.
    an informative monthly article on used guns

Member for Life

User Info Menu

An article on the traditional camp style deer hunts with guys doing drives for deer. The true party hunt.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I know it would really be tough to do with out imcriminating ( sp ) others . And you,d probably have to do it anonymously . But how about some real life stories on newb hunters / shooters and their adventures trying to find hunting / shooting lands or mentors .
    Or maybe an indepth article on why its so hard to open a range in Ontario
    Or have a hunting fishing article on one wmu in each issue , like an issue or articles that rate / score each or certain wmu,s

Just starting out

User Info Menu

More trapping article

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456