Thread: Panfish, Pike and Bass

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Panfish, Pike and Bass

Got out with the 7 wt today. Caught my 1st rock bass (2) and sunfish (2) of 2014. Also caught 3 nice pike and 5 beautiful large mouth bass (quickly released and no pictures taken Werner!).

One of the pike had been badly treated by someone. About 2" of his/her upper jaw was hanging loose. It still hit my fly like nothing was wrong though. I did a bit of surgery with my Swiss Army knife and removed the dangling bit of jaw. Hope it makes it! Over the years I've seen several pike with badly injured jaws that have healed up nicely.
    Member of the National Firearms Association (NFA).

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sounds like a good day on the water. So many uneducated fisherpeople are scared of the pike and dont want to touch the slickers so they just tear the hooks out. Not saying that's the case here.
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Sounds like a great day!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Nice fish Pete....I wish I had the time, far to many jobs on the go....maybe once the spring rush is over I'll get he rod out and drown a few worms.

Love fishing Pike, I think Oaknut is right...to many people don't handle the catch /release properly.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

You know the old saying, Mike? If you're too busy to go fishing - you're too damned busy!
    Member of the National Firearms Association (NFA).

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Listen Pete..I'll give you my wife's email address...maybe you can explain that to her

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Listen Pete..I'll give you my wife's email address...maybe you can explain that to her
    Can you cc mine?