Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trapping in Toronto??

Just starting out

User Info Menu

What do you expect from trapping, moving coon. Recycling them to new areas. Nothing good comes of it.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

We've created a nirvana for racoons within the city and burbs, compost bins, garbage bins, lush gardens, lawns etc etc, small wonder the population has been and still is exploding. You can live trap and have the city or authorized company remove your "catch", they are not allowed by law to move it more than 1 kilometer from the catch location. This essentially does nothing for you as skunks, raccoons and squirrels will quickly return to what they consider home, had a serious squirrel problem years ago and learned they would return if I let them go within 7 kilometers of my house, marked them and noted who returned and who didn't. Listened to a report by a wildlife biologist (CBC) recently who stated that to hold the population growth to zero from this year to next you would need to eliminate 2 out of every 3 females, "now". I believe, and I'm no expert, that the solution is in eliminating the food source, without the ability to nourish the reproductive cycle the species has to decline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12