Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muck Boots

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have had bad luck with Irish Setters cracking, leaking, and generally giving up. I'll be interested to know how they work out for you.
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by welsh View Post
    I have had bad luck with Irish Setters cracking, leaking, and generally giving up. I'll be interested to know how they work out for you.
    I will definitely voice my displeasure if they turn out to be junk.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default Muck Boots

Not sure I will be buying any Muck boots after finding out that they support the HSUS. I am trying to find the post on their Facebook page but it's been removed after alot of negative feedback from hunters.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

TSC stores are major muck boot retailers... They've already heard from me.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

https://www.facebook.com/MuckBoot/ph...type=1&theater

Yep, some pretty pizzed off people about that one. Can't see that helping business for them. I emailed the company to voice my opinion........
    Last edited by terrym; August 5th, 2014 at 09:52 AM.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Utterly bizarre given that hunters & farmers have to be their major customers....
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

All it takes is a couple anti hunters in a position of influence in the marketing department to slip it by. I would expect some kind of retraction shortly.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

i bought a pair of mucks "wetland" this past spring. so far I have a few concerns, but none that are critical yet.

1) where the neoprene meets the rubber at the back it sort of wrinkles in towards my leg and has left a blister in the back of my calf after a long couple of days hunting, on both legs. it seemed to helpo to have my pants between the boot and my leg,

2) there is some separation happening between the rubber uppers and the sole. it hasn't leaked at all yet, but seems a little odd to happen so soon, and that it will now be vulnerable to leaks in the future.

I have wore them for quite a few hours, and over varying terrain, but haven't had them long term yet. aside from the upper concerns they are pretty comfortable and easy to take on and off and I have wore them for entire days in the spring while walking and sitting and working etc, my feet still sweat a lot but they were overall good to wear. I like that you can roll them down when you are sitting around or not in water to get some air into your feet.
    I haven't wore a lot of high end rubbers, but so far these get my approval, I will be watching the soles over the next year and see how they fare.

ps about the Humane society support... some people don't understand that humane societies are against hunting. some people think they are just an organization against animal cruelty, in which case I would support them too. but they have a chekecered past, questionable money usages and also don't support hunting, so they didn't do their homework if they have chosen to endorse them.....
    Last edited by bowj; August 5th, 2014 at 11:41 AM.
    My name is BOWJ..... and I am a waterfowl addict!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

From Muck Boots FB page .....

"We would like to respond to our loyal customers and provide additional information about recent posts on social media regarding a monetary donation to a local animal care organization. Our post inaccurately stated that a donation was made to The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). Moreover, the post itself was inappropriate under the circumstances.

Family members of an employee who rece...ntly passed away requested that, in lieu of flowers, co-workers donate funds to the Humane Association of Northwestern Rhode Island, a local association founded in 1978 to solve community issues primarily related to stray cats. They are not affiliated with HSUS as the posts incorrectly stated.

The money is not a corporate donation, but a collection of personal contributions from employees with the intent of remembering a beloved co-worker. While our intentions were good, the use of corporate social channels under these circumstances was inappropriate.

Muck Boots has a heritage of respect for the outdoors and for nature. We apologize for the anger and confusion the posts have caused and have removed them from our social channels."

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I have a pair of the arctic sports, warmest and most comfy winter boots I ever owned. No leaks or holes. Going on my fourth year this winter. Whatever you do do not wear cotton in them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast