Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 22 over 20 gauge

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Lots of new ones from several manufacturers to be had. Go to cgn to check them out.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default 22 over 20 gauge

Quote Originally Posted by TPM View Post
    I know it's a bit less common but it's not hard to find a .22/.410 in the $400 range. I can't imagine the .22/20ga. Commanding a 100% premium.
    Maybe I shot a little high but it's supply and demand, the 22/410 is still a production gun and available everywhere. the 24 was stopped being produced, you'll be hard pressed to find one under 500usd and with the Canadian market being a fraction of that depending on quality and availability it could cost more...
    Last edited by justinmonk; July 26th, 2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: misinformation
    ​-Justin

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justinmonk View Post
    the 24 was stopped being produced in the 80's, you'll be hard pressed to find one under 500usd and with the Canadian market being a fraction of that depending on quality and availability it could cost more...
    The irony is that the Model 24 was never really that good of a gun. Seriously.
    What calm deer hunterís heart has not skipped a beat when the silence of a cold November morning afield is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

There was a 222 Rem over 20ga as well from what I remember.

I always wanted a drilling or a combination gun, but for the cost I will carry 2.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointer View Post
    Only handled one ever - a 22mag over .410 I think. It was my uncles - very heavy for what it was - but it seemed to be well made - but maybe I am confusing 'being heavy' with 'being well built'. I only ever used it for shooting bulls at the slaughter house that needed a bit more than a .22lr.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I've always liked the idea of the 222 over 20. The thought being, I'm out hare hunting and happen to see a coyote, but it doesn't happen often enough for me to give up the trusty old 20 gauge pump.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I know it's a bit less common but it's not hard to find a .22/.410 in the $400 range. I can't imagine the .22/20ga. Commanding a 100% premium.
    Rarer item, and there's more folks out there that would rather have a 20G that a .410.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - NFA, Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, RGS, and OFAH

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

the 24 was stopped being produced in the 80's,
    Savage made the Model 24 until 2003

Derek, you're right but I love 'um anyway.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blasted_saber View Post
    Savage will likely start making them again in the next few years. Id be more interested in 20g over 3030 though. Great combo for deer and grouse.
    Yup, my favourite combo too. I had a couple of .22/.410's but I sold them a few years back. The 30-30/20ga. is never for sale.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Yup, my favourite combo too. I had a couple of .22/.410's but I sold them a few years back. The 30-30/20ga. is never for sale.

Now that's a doggin' gun!
    Were you able to get decent barrel regulation?
    What calm deer hunterís heart has not skipped a beat when the silence of a cold November morning afield is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast