Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CKC Fall Hunt Tests for Pointers

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Sharon... We'll be running our Eli in the first two legs of the FDA at the VSO test at Luther Marsh. If you've never seen a Spinone work, come watch.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

That is a bunch of BS. So your telling me I lost any title I got last year and any testing I did last year. I was never told or received any letters about this either. I will need to call tomorrow and see what's going on. If this is the case and I lost my dogs titles I will be done with CKC.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That definitely seems unacceptable - coercion to renew your member ship?

My dogs are registered with the American Field Stud Book - pedigrees , wins etc kept............... forever?

http://americanfield.villagesoup.com...ud-book/150590
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by little brit View Post
    That is a bunch of BS. So your telling me I lost any title I got last year and any testing I did last year. I was never told or received any letters about this either. I will need to call tomorrow and see what's going on. If this is the case and I lost my dogs titles I will be done with CKC.
    Exactly why I do not compete in CKC events. Both my dogs are registered AKC and UKC. we do the travelling and keep the titles with no additional fees required.
    C.A. in TO
    FIDE CANEM ~ Trust the Dog

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I will try to post a copy of the letter I received the other day.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Spoke with CKC just now. They said your titles are held until you pay your non member event fee or become a full member. Your titles are not wiped clean after 30 days, they just want you to pay so they can process info and send it out. It cost $59.60 +tax for a non member event fee and $56.50 tax in for a year membership Jan 1 to Dec 31.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Little Brit I guess you are special because they are telling me differently. I will be in Jeopardy of losing his titles if I do not pay prior to 30 days after the letter was issued.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Kjay I spoke with 2 different people and they both said the same thing. Maybe you should call and clarify with them. I was never issued any letters like yourself with that info. I asked her....so once I get this letter I only have 30days to pay or titles will be wiped and she said no...so it's best you call to confirm your situation.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have read that 30 day deadline somewhere, too. But it may only be on there so that they can do it, not because they will.

Edited to add: I just called CKC myself to clarify re my own dog's title, which I'll have to pay up to keep. Was concerned that hunt test legs earned last year might have disappeared into CKC limbo, as field trial placements would. They assured me this is not the case. Also said I just had to join or pay in the same calendar year as the title ... what they are actually doing and what the policy says are apparently not the same thing.
    Last edited by welsh; August 25th, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I wrote my previous post after I had called them. They then called back and told me I was given a 30 day extension and that was all. I have a feeling they all are not on the same page.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast