Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Dove Opener

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default 2014 Dove Opener

Bright and early this morning for the start of the 2014 Dove opener and we were greeted by lots of fog....thick fog. Once the sun came up and burned some of that fog off the action began. It was a very hot and humid day and by noon we've had enough. Even in the shade we were sweating and my Dad being a senior, it was too much for him.

When I got home I had to get out of my clothes because I smelt worse than the farm. After about a good 2 hours or so, I bent over to pick something off the floor at home and I felt a sting coming from my waist line. At first it kind of felt like a hair was being pulled but that pain quickly intensified and when I went to rub it with my hand I felt something that ended up being this thing......no clue what on earth this is but as I write this my back is still throbbing and I'm considering going to emerg. Any one seen something like this? Tried to get a decent close up....

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No idea what that litle critter is, but great job on the doves! did you have any for lunch/dinner?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Canadian Waterfowl Supplies Pro Staff | Go Hunt Birds Field Staff

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

good bag of doves Vinni congrats
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Nicely done, glade to see others enjoying are new hunting opportunity.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Good dove hunt too bad about that bug thing, hope it isn't anything to worry about
    Congrats on the birds
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Nice looking bunch of birds. Good luck with the bug bite.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Good job on the doves. That bug looks like the stinger from a honey bee. When they sting, they leave the stinger and half of their backside behind.

Nick

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawyernick View Post
    Good job on the doves. That bug looks like the stinger from a honey bee. When they sting, they leave the stinger and half of their backside behind.

Nick
    Better then a tick

Nice pile of birds, was that just the 2 of you?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Nice bunch of birds. Do you use any decoys or just have the good fortune of being were they like to be?

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. We started off with just my Dad and I and then my nephew joined us for the last hour. I had the Dove Mojo going and we basically hunted tree lines and a small pond on the property.

The bug does look similar to a bee stinger but I was in my living room when I felt it sting me with my wife and kids around and no one saw a bee in the house. The pain is somewhat gone this morning and the swelling is non-existent now but man that was weird. I hope this is not some kind of Jungle Bug that found its way to Canada......lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast