Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing in Cuba

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Fishing in Cuba

Right guys I'm going on my honeymoon to Cuba this November and I'm going fishin too do I need a special license or am I good to go also what tackle has anyone tried if any down their oh I'm going to gran club Santa Lucia
    Using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

You think your new wife will let you go fishing on your honeymoon?
    Member of the OFAH, CCFR/CCDAF.
    http://firearmrights.ca/

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Best saved for a discussion before the wedding. Lol. Get the answer before putting down deposits.

To the OP
    From what I know you will be able to get anything you need from most resorts. Charters have what you need. Im of no help if you're planning on going solo
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Oh she knows I'm going fishing she knew what she was getting into when she married me lol I wasn't thinking of a charter more me and my
    Pole standing waist deep and casting
    Using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aaron86 View Post
    more me and my
    Pole standing waist deep and casting
    I'm not
    Going there....
    Member of the OFAH, CCFR/CCDAF.
    http://firearmrights.ca/

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I have been to Cuba, I researched the licence requirements and concluded there is no such thing. The charter fishing there is from the 60's as is everything else off the hotel property, the hotel may be able to set you up on a charter but when I asked at the hotel it was not something usually offered among the snorkelling, dolphin tours, horse back rides and usual tourist stuff.

I asked again about the licence requirements at the hotel, and some locals about licences, no one new of any requirements. Cuba is kind of set back in time for that sort of stuff.

We did do a bit of shore fishing at the hotel and on the snorkel trip using some cooked shrimp and bits of fish from dinner but unfortunately only took some spare line and hooks to hand out as tips to the guide for the charter we never went on LOL (they don't get imported products so they appreciate stuff over money). Cuba is just off the coast of Florida so any shore fishing techniques you use there should work in Cuba.

If I go again I would definitely take my travel rod and gear to do some surf fishing.

Good luck. M.
    National Association for Search and Rescue

User Info Menu

seen locals fishing with hand lines all over while driving to resort in varadaro

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Hey Aaron, my first place to look is fishing charters. Time is of the essence and the locals should be able to put you on fish. I would imagine the charters would have you setup with license of needed and gear. Tight lines

Cheers Henry

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I fish Cuba regularly, and there is no license needed to fish in the ocean there. Most "guides" that you will go with have no equipment, so you must bring your own. I take a 9' rod tube with 6-8 rods in it, and a bag of gear and reels each time I go. We stay in Cayo Coco, and fish tarpon, bonefish, permit, barracuda, snapper, grouper and shark. Also catch the odd Mahi Mahi while trolling in blue water. But, we have guides that work for a company there that we use every time we go. My good buddy is heading down in two weeks to go for the third time this year. Big bonefish in Cuba, and the fishing for other stuff is pretty great too, if you know who to hook up with.
    Northern Outdoors Guide Service

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That is the best time to begin training a wife. Show who wo lays down the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast