Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Out and About with OOD…(lots of pics)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Each mar, is a battle scar that tells us its being used as it's meant to be used and each scar tells a story, it's story.
    They or the prospect of one, don't phase me at all, They add character

Not 100% sure but I think its offered larger calibers. When I knew I'd found my deer, bush gun and would buy one (the moment i set eyes on it) I debated between the .308 and .270 wsm.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBen View Post
    Each mar, is a battle scar that tells us its being used as it's meant to be used and each scar tells a story, it's story.
    They or the prospect of one, don't phase me at all, They add character

Not 100% sure but I think its offered larger calibers. When I knew I'd found my deer, bush gun and would buy one (the moment i set eyes on it) I debated between the .308 and .270 wsm.
    Just picked one up in 243 topped with a 2-7 x32. Made in 1988 when they still had steel receivers. Its not the dolled up version, just the classic '81. As a lefty living in southern Onterrible it made a ton of sense for an all purpose rig. Especially at the price point and near mint condition.

I hope nobody crucifies me if Im wrong but I think the largest BLR offering is .358.

Yes, I know they don't have benchrest triggers but shooting a deer at 75-150 yards with a scope and maybe a coyote at 200 yards doesn't really require it. Its a hunting rifle.
    Last edited by mox72; September 18th, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

They made one in. 450 Marlin for a while. The thing about the BLR and it's appeal is I find that it's feel and balance are lost when you get the long action chamberings.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    They made one in. 450 Marlin for a while. The thing about the BLR and it's appeal is I find that it's feel and balance are lost when you get the long action chamberings.
    Exactly why I decided on .243 over .270.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Awesome pics JBen! have enjoyed following you around the past few weeks on facebook!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Canadian Waterfowl Supplies Pro Staff | Go Hunt Birds Field Staff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123