Thread: Pefferlaw tract

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Pefferlaw tract

I checked out a couple of York Regional forest locations yesterday. I first stopped at the Zephyr tract where I picked up a useful little booklet 'everyday guide to the York Regional forest'. According to this guide, hunting is allowed in only three tracts: Pefferlaw, Cronsberry, Metro Road.

I headed over over to the Pefferlaw tract ready to roam around with my .22 but at the trailhead I came across an MNR sign which appeared to be restricting the dates for hunting as well as specifying shotguns only. I say 'appeared' because some idiot had blasted the sign with a load of buckshot so it was kinda difficult to read.

It's no wonder that it's so hard to find places to hunt.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

It's hard finding places for sure. Welcome to the forum. Just out of curiousity, what were you planning on hunting with the .22?
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Anything legal. Pretty much skunks and foxes I guess, although I only saw a couple of squirrels. Everything else seems to be way too clever for my paltry stalking skills

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Lol, a good ol' skunk hunt. Could've given ya one this morn I caught in my trap at home. It's the first I've caught going for coons. I threw a blanket over the cage and opened it up to give him a free pass as the wife and young lad watched from inside laughing
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Just starting out

User Info Menu

My father-in-law made himself a cage trap to catch a problem raccoon ('twas eating his grapes). We got a call one morning because he'd caught a skunk overnight. I had to call a buddy who's a pest control guy to find out what to do! The blanket trick worked just fine.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

They won't spray what they can't see.