Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a guide near milton, brampton, halton or 1 hour east of toronto

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Looking for a guide near milton, brampton, halton or 1 hour east of toronto

I am looking for a duck and Canada goose hunting guide. I used to hunt with a guide in these areas before but he does not hunt anymore. If anyone hunts in these area and willing to take me i will pay a reasonable amount.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Just wondering what do you consider "reasonable"?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default a lot depends on the setup

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Just wondering what do you consider "reasonable"?
    I think anywhere from $ 75 to 150 is reasonable, depending upon the setup i know there are people out there which charge $ 400 per hunt to me that is not reasonable.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mishraz View Post
    I think anywhere from $ 75 to 150 is reasonable, depending upon the setup i know there are people out there which charge $ 400 per hunt to me that is not reasonable.

ok I wasn't going to reply but I can't hold it in. You want someone to guide you on a duck or goose hunt and only pay max $150. That will not even pay for the gas needed to get there. If you want to pay $75 or $150 go to a game farm and shoot some chuckar. I think you can get a guided hunt at Ruffwood for that price.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mishraz View Post
    IMO this is more than reasonable for a hunt if a group of guys were already going hunting and didn't mind having an extra guy (new guy) along for the hunt....
    Personally, I would have a hard time taking the money in a situation like that, but then again, If I did do it, it wouldn't be for the money..

Best of luck....
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Wow you guys must not have been on a lot of guided hunts, $150/day is nothing, sometimes that can be the tip!!!!

to find anyone that IS really good for those $$'s is an unreasonable expectation.

Frosty.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

$150 a day is on the low end for sure, maybe you can leave your name for with a bunch of guys to be on the last minute list! I wouldn't take you out for a buck fifty on the chance that I dont like ya or ya make targets out of my decoys.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

$150 a day keeps unlicensed (most of Ontario guides) hacks in business. You pay them to go hunting, but they are already going...

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Bird View Post
    $150 a day keeps unlicensed (most of Ontario guides) hacks in business. You pay them to go hunting, but they are already going...

Yeah thats 100% right J, but you are not the focus, which for me is the point of being guided, if the hunter enters into this kind of deal you should expect to be just one of the guys along for the ride, I'd rather give the $150 to a farmer!

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Bird View Post
    and what's wrong with that? You can easily spend 150 in gas getting ready for a hunt and if your a lone hunter would be a way to recoupe some of the expense. Not a business but a way to supplement your hobby.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast