Thread: Friday can't come soon enough

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Default Friday can't come soon enough

Friday has the makings for a grand day. Got out for sunrise to scope a location and see if geese are moving. Watched wave after wave pour into the field followed by just as many if not more ducks. Think I got lucky as have access to the only 3 cut barley fields in the immediate area so if they burn the field hoping the'y'll bounce to the adjacent ones. Farmer is going to keep an eye on them for me so should have a heads up for go time.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mmee2X]
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Looks like you got it going already, sounds like you cant get out opening day, hoping the birds stick around for you...
    In my circle of farms, farmers will start taking some of their corn off early this coming week, so I should be able to have a hunt location late next week...
    Best of luck
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Ya didn't want to take a vaction day for the opener so going Friday. Lots of corn and bean in the area and the few wheat fields are already cleared. Barley was later comming off and drawing in the birds like a magnet.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

might just be my neck of the woods but i havent seen the flocks overhead that i normally see this time of year. field here is already cut so would be nice to throw out some silos and sneak out before chore time :P

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I do see alot of geese where I hope to go also, Cant wait !! looks like it will be Rainy though.
    CCFR, OFAH Member
    Its all about the Journey

Elite Member

User Info Menu

oh wow, good luck to you! hopefully they stick around.

was thinking of going this year but i already set my 870 up for deer. dont want to take the scope off. debating on buying a second shotgun but im a little tight on cash this year and dont know how often ill get to go up.

good luck to everyone who goes up this year!

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

So not quite what I'd expected today. Don't know what the weatherman was looking at as iit wasn't even close. Got to the field and started to put the decoys out between flashes of lighting and cracks of thunder got about 2 1/2 dozen decoys out . Sunrise had ducks pouring into the field which heightened my anticipation for the arrival of the geese. Atlast 45 minutes later looks like all the geese left the roost in one huge flock to parts unkown. One lost goose decided to answer my call so at least I'll eat tonight
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mnP3b6]

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    So not quite what I'd expected today. Don't know what the weatherman was looking at as iit wasn't even close. Got to the field and started to put the decoys out between flashes of lighting and cracks of thunder got about 2 1/2 dozen decoys out . Sunrise had ducks pouring into the field which heightened my anticipation for the arrival of the geese. Atlast 45 minutes later looks like all the geese left the roost in one huge flock to parts unkown. One lost goose decided to answer my call so at least I'll eat tonight
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mnP3b6]
    I hope you got to enjoy the time out.
    I did notice that some of the fields I hunt have started to remove the corn today. I hope to get out in the next few days.
    Good luck everyone and don't forget to have some fun
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    I hope you got to enjoy the time out.
    Always enjoy my time out no matter the outcome. Was nice not to have to sweat and swat mosquitos this year though the chance of being struck by lighting was interesting.
    Good luck when you get out there.