Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Ontario woodcock reports 2014

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Nothing around Penetang this weekend. Searched in my usual spots that always produce birds. I will try again next weekend.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Krawler With this snow the woodcock most certainly have left Penetang. You may find grouse but like the woodcock you'll have to head way south too catch up with them.....if they are still on this side of the border.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No snow yet down here but I didn't get out this weekend. Some snow in the forecast this week ... we'll see how I do....
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Today-2 hours north of Woodstock. Very light dusting of snow. But ground was not frozen. 0 flushes, 0 signs of chalk. Equals 0 woodcock.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

None along the Thames near me yesterday.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Nov 8 - Kawartha's. Hunted 2 hours no flushes.....there was about an inch or more of snow. Dog flushed a snowshoe hare, so at least I got supper.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I was deer hunting just south of Belmont last week and saw two birds flying right at first light.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Nov 11 - 45 mins east of London. Zero flushes. Hopefully the birds are waiting for me on pelee island. I know in previous years I was able to harvest a few during the pheasant clean up hunt.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I should of also noted that there was zero sign. No chalk anywhere.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Found a few today round trip 420 km. 7 flushes 4 in the bag. There's still hope they are out there. In case you are starting to forget what they look like.
    DSC00076.jpg
    story on following thread.