Thread: WORM BOX for ice fishing

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default WORM BOX for ice fishing

Hello to all ice fishermen!
    Attachment 27089

This is my worm box that I built recently to keep worms for ice fishing throughout the winter. It is about 2' long by 14" wide, and 5-6" deep. It is lined with plastic to keep the wood from rotting and moisture inside. It needs to be covered with glass or Plexiglas to keep it from drying out, but an air space has to be left under the glass. In my case I put in screws and the glass goes on top, and this allows to adjust the air space by raising or lowering the screws. Put inside some sand, compost, dirt, rotting leaves. Place it in the garage (my garage never freezes), keep it moist, and your worms will be ready to go when you are ready.
    A compromise between right and wrong is a victory for wrong.
    (OFAH and NFA proud member)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I was expecting to see a small insulated box to keep them warm when on the ice..Save having to use your mouth LOL

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pat32rf View Post
    I was expecting to see a small insulated box to keep them warm when on the ice..Save having to use your mouth LOL
    Up here I have to buy them summer and winter so there is no advantage to stocking up. Sure miss the days(nights) of picking my own down south...