Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blackhorn 209 question .......

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Start with loads for similar bullets weights and go from there. http://www.blackhorn209.com/wp-conte...loaderdata.pdf

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Last December, I had briefly experimented with BH209 powder shooting at 50 yards with good results (reference post #17).

Today, I had the opportunity to take that out to 100 yards. Found that the rifle performed best with 110gr of BH209 behind 250gr of both TC Shockwaves and Hornady SST ML. Surprisingly, accuracy was excellent despite no tweaks at all done to the optics since I had boresighted the ML last year. Think I will leave the scope setting as it is till such time I get to try out a different brand of sabot.

As a side note, last year, I had replaced a Bushnell laser boresight with a Site-Lite SL-100 ..... it cost a bit, however, with this new device I have borsighted a few rifles (indoor at 25ft) and each was almost close to the bull at 100 yards. Very impressed with the product in view that the ML performed so well with just a boresighted scope.

http://sitelite-lasers.com/product_SL100.html
    Last edited by sharps4570; March 29th, 2015 at 03:50 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It appears your ML likes that load, the small difference in impact area between the two bullets can easily be tweaked out with the scope.

There is nothing wrong with the groupings (very nice actually), so other than the fun of shooting, why are you looking at a different sabot ?

You mention before that the Hornady loaded easy and the TC there a little stiffer ....the difference in performance between them is marginal. Try swapping the sabots that came with the bullets with each other and see what difference that makes.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

You are right. The TC is very tight in my Triumph and I really struggled today with a strained right shoulder that has been giving me grief over the past few months. I suppose I could just stick with the Hornady and probably may not even need to tweak the scope any further.

On second thoughts, the TC Shockwaves shot really well.....there are five shots in that cluster....will require only a minor tweak to get to center.
    Last edited by sharps4570; March 29th, 2015 at 04:37 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sharps4570 View Post
    Last December, I had briefly experimented with BH209 powder shooting at 50 yards with good results (reference post #17).

Today, I had the opportunity to take that out to 100 yards. Found that the rifle performed best with 110gr of BH209 behind 250gr of both TC Shockwaves and Hornady SST ML. Surprisingly, accuracy was excellent despite no tweaks at all done to the optics since I had boresighted the ML last year. Think I will leave the scope setting as it is till such time I get to try out a different brand of sabot.

As a side note, last year, I had replaced a Bushnell laser boresight with a Site-Lite SL-100 ..... it cost a bit, however, with this new device I have borsighted a few rifles (indoor at 25ft) and each was almost close to the bull at 100 yards. Very impressed with the product in view that the ML performed so well with just a boresighted scope.

http://sitelite-lasers.com/product_SL100.html
    Nice shooting .....��

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Tight is good to an extent. Maybe try some mmp hph-24 sabots, just a little more play with them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123