Thread: 2014 Upland season... **Pic heavy**

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default 2014 Upland season... **Pic heavy**

Had a great fall hunting Huns, Shaptail, and Pheasant here in Alberta with good friends and reconnecting with some old ones, saw lots of great bird work from both senior and junior dogs.
    The Taber pheasant fest was a good time as usual already looking forward to next year... hopefully I can get a time.
    Wild bird Populations seem to be doing well in the areas I hang out in Huns and Pheasant in particular...
    A few shots from both wild birds and Pheasant fest trips.

[

check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanadianUplandHunting/ for more great stories and photos from across Canada!

cohod

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Great pics thanks for posting. I'm jealous thats for sure
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Wow! Great pics! Gotta do a west trip one of these days

Elite Member

User Info Menu

My dream is to hunt huns
    "You don't own a cocker, you wear one"

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

You are a very lucky man to be living in such beautiful country with wild birds. Was there, done that but unfortunately had to move back east a few years ago. I still manage to get out there once in a while but constantly wish I was there. I still keep contact with friends who tell me the hun population this year and last was off the charts. Someone helping out with the paired up hun bird count last spring was averaging ten pairs every hundred acres in the area they assessed.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

It's really too bad that there's people out there that have never experienced the thrill of a hunt and seeing dogs doing what they were bred to do. Awesome pics.There's just something about a dog on point, stretched out and tail straight up. Thank you...
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Awesome pictures, great to see beauty dogs in action.