Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bancroft Area Ice

Just starting out

User Info Menu

NK FF's and OPP just reporting snowmobilers that went thru Jack's last night have been found safe.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greenpark View Post
    How was Adams. I have yet to hear of someone pulling a fish out of there. During the winter. Just might have to explore it this winter. Been on the list for a few years now.
    Was out on Adam's yesterday, 5-6" ice on the north eastern part, walked out maybe 40' furthest point still 5" ice, no open water. Didn't catch a thing though, tried everything from worms to grubs to spoons. First time on this lake so I don't know the lay of the land, hopefully someone will chime in. We trekked in from the 118 on a ATV trail, quite rutted (not bad by any stretch)the walk out was fun (not really). If you go hopefully you will have better luck than us, beautiful spot though.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

We either fish right off the steep rocky shore on the north side, or over near the outlet in the SW corner. Getting up that first hill on the way out can be a challenge....The sun melts the snow, freezes to ice.....

Woke up this morning to about 3" of fresh snowHoly Cow, it worked! My first picture....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apprentice

User Info Menu

how is the snow now? i assume ice is doing very well now and this week is going to be COLD. Anyone going out on bigger water yet? Going to Baptiste this weekend.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

We didn't get the thaw that they predicted so there is still 6" of snow. (Monday noon) It might get as warm during the day as minus 9 later on this week so nothing will be melting before the weekend.
    Last edited by Pat32rf; January 5th, 2015 at 01:45 PM.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thanks Pat. Any word on Baptiste lake from the Marina to around Blueberry Island?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345