Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carry in the Bush

Just starting out

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=greatwhite;854781]A good portion of the public don't think you should be allowed a semi auto in fact I would say just as many who are against handguns. Many people don't think anyone should own a powerful gun like SKS or anything more powerful. Including most of the Liberal party and the NDP party.

So it is 100% relevant are you prepared to hand over your firearms tomorrow?

Hunters/Gun owners should stand together if we don't it will be the fault of those who didn't stand when we lose other privileges.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

However you have specifically said you do not stand with others. I support ALL gun owners. YOU pick and choose.

[QUOTE=KawarthaGoose;854797]
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    A good portion of the public don't think you should be allowed a semi auto in fact I would say just as many who are against handguns. Many people don't think anyone should own a powerful gun like SKS or anything more powerful. Including most of the Liberal party and the NDP party.

So it is 100% relevant are you prepared to hand over your firearms tomorrow?

Hunters/Gun owners should stand together if we don't it will be the fault of those who didn't stand when we lose other privileges.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I will guarantee that majority of handgun owners are more versed in the use of handguns then a cop [/B]
    [/QUOTE]

IMHO I disagree. Some HG owners just collect. Few go to the range on occasion and shoot. Cops are gaurunteed to handle their service gun twice a day. You said majority versed in the use of. I would agree that the average HG owner probably has more knowledge of HG's overall but in use of I doubt it. If you consider that the number of reported accidents to the number of cops the percentage is very low.

I hunt with cops and they don't pretend to know anything about guns other than their service issue and the ones that they hunt with. I trust their muzzle integrity more than a once a year deer hunter. I do know that some out there are cocky and have false comfort around guns too.

About them failing tests ya I have heard it happens. Bad apples in every bunch. It's a provincial standard. If you miss one shot you fail and redo till you pass. I would appreciate to know that they are failing and getting the training they need as opposed to being pushed through or the test made easier.

I think we should have a practical for Hunter Safety like they do in some states. Standard target and distance. I can't believe that the practical here is classroom unless you get some of the better opportunities out there where they take you on the range.

I don't think that the bush carry is a bad idea but if it ever does come true (more open I mean ) I hope there is more than a written and dry test.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The simplest thing as far as HG for hunting is exactly as it is,now. Upgrade to an RPAL,follow all HG storage guidelines,carry only in the woods,but,under no circumstances,allow "open carry" anywhere other than there. It would be no different than any other rifle or shotgun. We can't walk down the street without them encased,either,so,WTH is the difference? Honestly,liberal philosophy is so warped,it defies all logic and common sense. There's one burning question that someone asked that none of the liberals have been answering and that is "What does HG possession for hunters have to do with the criminals use of illegal firearms?" Apples and oranges,anyone?
    Oh,BTW,I just got back from the Beer Store,so,carry on.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

If you actually check the stats as reported to the CFO. Range incidents reported, are higher with LEOs, as pointed out earlier, this is due to them holstering, or unholstering a loaded weapon. Unlike civillians, LEOs are not required to undergo a black badge certification before being allowed holster privileges on ranges.

Some HG owners just collect, yes. But the vast majority of them ( at least in this province) actively participate in shooting sports. Handling a service pistol twice a day? Meaning drawing from lock up, and placing in holster? That's not really handling now is it?

You want to have a practical for HS and PAL? Ok, so you now want it to cost even more for a new hunter to get involved? At what benefit? The current exam in class has shown that it works. So instead of a new guy coming out and paying $300 for both, he's now upwards of $500 - $600? Nice job buggering new hunters out there...
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Concealed carry would be much better, so those furry beasts don't know you're packing.
    Rick

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Since many hunters on this site have said they do not vote, what difference does their opinion make.

You go into a store and speak to a salesman (politician) and he has three faulty electric kettles for sale (platforms), you dont like any of them,because they are faulty.

Do you leave the store without buying,or pay for and get a faulty electric kettle?

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    You go into a store and speak to a salesman (politician) and he has three faulty electric kettles for sale (platforms), you dont like any of them,because they are faulty.

Do you leave the store without buying,or pay for and get a faulty electric kettle?
    Only if I could still plug it in and throw it in a full bathtub with said salesman.....
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Member for Life

User Info Menu

"I think we should have a practical for Hunter Safety like they do in some states. Standard target and distance. I can't believe that the practical here is classroom unless you get some of the better opportunities out there where they take you on the range"

I remember all the old timers at a neighbours hunt camp taking the CFSC and challenging the exam.All these guys had the old FAC,s with no exam.They all failed the exam for various reasons save and except the camp owner who was given a pass after much argument.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post

No, you buy the kettle from the salesman who's dad sold kettles. duh.