Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 223

Thread: Open Carry in the Bush

  1. #51
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    Lol "buddy"
    Ok.

    Forget the papers! Lets look at 2013 city of ottawa crime stats!
    Homicides-9
    Impaired-649
    Arson-106
    Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle-95

    So by your "opinion" we should be sure to ban vehicles, liquor, beer, wine and even matches?

    Didn't say I was right! Just questioned every opinion you set forth.
    check out the 2014 stats

    Don't put words in my mouth, I didn't give an opinion on driving or lighting fires or impaired driving, however, if I did, guaranteed Goofcrest would be on the opposite side of every one of them.

    Anyway, hunters already have a firearm, I don't see the need for us to carry a smaller less accurate one.
    I see why a trapper or tree planter may want a firearm, but hunters don't need another one. IMHO

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #52
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Everyone has their opinions. I respect that. But it's a slippery slope when we choose one over another.

    HA
    Last edited by huntaway; December 17th, 2014 at 11:14 AM.

  4. #53
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    When is this going too start getting good?

    Heres a cundumdrum
    Police-no PAL
    CBSA-Must have before applying.
    You checkin' me out?

  5. #54
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Anyway, hunters already have a firearm, I don't see the need for us to carry a smaller less accurate one.
    I see why a trapper or tree planter may want a firearm, but hunters don't need another one. IMHO
    So, Joe Blow bowhunts only, how many can he shoot at a charging bear before hes hamburger?
    You checkin' me out?

  6. #55
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Any of you oldies use the 32 caliber model Tens? Withdrawn from Toronto Police service in the early seventies.
    I don't need a handgun for MY defense, but it would be handy to have one on my hip while working on the tractor for such things as porcupines, rabid skunks and other critters that we have to dispose of around the farm....even groundhogs in the garden can be remedied with a handy little gun.....

  7. #56
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pdhenderson View Post
    So, Joe Blow bowhunts only, how many can he shoot at a charging bear before hes hamburger?
    good point, but if your scared maybe you shouldn't be out there, I know lots of bow hunters, that target bears, and have never heard of one being killed by the bear and most of their stands are within 20 to 30 yards of the bait

  8. #57
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    They are already legal and very useful for hunting, so it would be banning something and taking away guns people already own
    Kinda like handguns......a lot of us own handguns now !

  9. #58
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Kinda like handguns......a lot of us own handguns now !
    you guys jump on this like flies on ****
    I never ever said ban handguns, and I wouldn't, but handguns are not used in Canada for hunting, they are used manly for law enforcement and target shooting, and I'm happy with that

  10. #59
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    check out the 2014 stats

    Don't put words in my mouth, I didn't give an opinion on driving or lighting fires or impaired driving, however, if I did, guaranteed Goofcrest would be on the opposite side of every one of them.

    Anyway, hunters already have a firearm, I don't see the need for us to carry a smaller less accurate one.
    I see why a trapper or tree planter may want a firearm, but hunters don't need another one. IMHO
    It's not about "need", it's about being able to possess and use a legally obtained piece of personal property in a safe and responsible manner without having to justify it. That's the very essence of "freedom" and freedom is a core building block of our society that is quickly being eroded away by all the left leaning thinkers. "I don't like it so I won't do it" is one thing but "I don't like it so I don't want YOU to do it" is very worrysome...

  11. #60
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TPM View Post
    It's not about "need", it's about being able to possess and use a legally obtained piece of personal property in a safe and responsible manner without having to justify it. That's the very essence of "freedom" and freedom is a core building block of our society that is quickly being eroded away by all the left leaning thinkers. "I don't like it so I won't do it" is one thing but "I don't like it so I don't want YOU to do it" is very worrysome...
    Here,now. Don't go off all making sense and all that. You'll confuse the Liberals.LOL
    When I was younger,I blew half a fortune on whisky and wild women. The rest I just wasted.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •