Page 1 of 24 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 236

Thread: Hunting trucks ford 150, dodge ram or???

  1. #1
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default Hunting trucks ford 150, dodge ram or???

    Looking for a truck that I can use for hunting but must have a cab as I drop the kids off. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a ford 150 over a ram. They seem to be the two domestic trucks but open to suggestions and recommendations. Never had a truck before so this is all new to me but like to research.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    expect a heated debate on this one haha...

    my personal choice is gm/chev... got the 5.3 l engine in my truck, its pretty fuel effecient i average around 11l per 100 k combined hwy and city and back roads... has a towing capacity of 9600 lbs which i consistantly pull 7000 lbs with no probs... i work my trucks to its not just a grocery getter, they spend more time off road and towing a trailer then on the road... to each there own... i wont bad mouth other trucks everybody has there own oppinions and their own good and bad experiences with different trucks...

    my second choice over gm would be the f150 though...

    its said that 90 % of dodges sold are still on the road today... i guess the other 10% made it home. lol. (not bad mouthing just joking). lol
    fishy steve
    id rather be lost in the woods, than found in the city!


  4. #3
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Get something with lots of power,that runs well and you don't care if it gets brush scratched or a fender pounded.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

  5. #4
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I have a 07 f150 and dad just got a 14 f150 and I just love the new 5liter motor .great on gas and will pull the barn down .but for beating around the bush I drive a 05 chev Silverado half ton regular cab long box 4x4 .I can put a atv in the back or a cord of wood and not worry about hurting her .I keep her for the off road winter work and pay truck and realy enjoy driving her Dutch

  6. #5
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    This..... I thought it would be here by now but it was voted 2015 Motor Trend truck of the year and this has created a huge backlog on them. Another month and it should be in my driveway!


  7. #6
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I have a 2015 Doge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi coming in a couple weeks. Not my choice as it's a company vehicle but if I was to choose it would have been the F150. I have had great luck with Ford vehicles, GM not so much.
    Iím suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

  8. #7
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Was a Gm truck guy for ever, no complaints, but now I've been driving an 08 Ram 1500 4x4 club cab Hemi since new, not a problem and no complaints, and yes it gets used

  9. #8
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I've owned all big 3 domestic trucks now and it all comes down to fit and finish IMO. Currently own a 2014 F150 FX4. Great truck, like the layout of the back seat floor, not fussy on how things are layed out under the hood. Had a 2010 Ram TRX4 before that, liked the design of the tie downs in the box and the tow hooks, seats were comfortable, cab felt a bit cramped and was a pig on gas even with the 4 cycle cut off.

    Buy what you like and what is in your price range. Biggest thing is look at a lot of trucks and test drive them. Eventually you'll find that one you must have!
    HRCH LZL's Hammer of Thor

  10. #9
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Test drive an F150 with the ecoboost. You will be amazed at the power for a 6 cylinder. I just traded my 2011 Eco and went with a 2014 5 litre. All the hype about high fuel mileage for the ecoboost is just that, hype. Unless you do a lot of towing, the ecoboost is not needed. My mileage on my new 5litre is within 1 litre per 100 Kms. Right now the average is 13 l to 100 kms. There are some really good year-end savings on now at the blue oval.

  11. #10
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    dads 5 liter is averaging 13.5 l per 100km .so that is real good for the power and towing he can do .I like it a ton better then my 4.6 D

Page 1 of 24 1234567811 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •