Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destruction is always fun to watch

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Good awareness video. A few days back, I sent the clip to a friend of mine who is completly new to muzzloading and had picked up a CVA Optima.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

This is one thread that deserves a sticky to lock it at the top of the muzzle loading forum as a reminder to others.
    There are different powders out there that are not interchangeable for load applications. To think otherwise is a costly endeavor that has a price to pay.

Ed

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing - very scary. It only takes a moment of distraction to cause a life long tragedy. This video should be required viewing for everyone at the beginning of each ML season.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing. I've heard stories of barrel blowouts but never seen any

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I left my ramrod in my barrel, after loading by mistake. Didn't blow the barrel up, but certainly kicked the hell out of me. Heard it rattle off some trees but never did find it. Got a new one at a gunsmith, he said he had sold , 12 ramrods that fall. Granted some would just be lost. I put a knife scratch on my ramrod . If it is loaded properly, the mark is at the end of the barrel. If it is not the bullet may not be seated properly. Live and learn. old243

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by old243 View Post
    Live and learn. old243
    minus a few fingers ..LOL

I use a range road for all my loading/shooting here. It has a huge wooden ball on the end. It couldn't possible be left in, especially not to shoot, as it blocks the view looking down the barrel

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Good idea mike, I do most of my shooting off the bench as well. Also easier on the hands.old243

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12