Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: .22 hunting for rabbits and small game

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default .22 hunting for rabbits and small game

So basically I am new to this hunting, started out this season.
    I am planning to go with my dad to go rabbit hunting.

now since we do have a .22, but according to the regulation.
    its needs to be 3 shot. but all my magazines are 10 limit sizes.

do i need to get it pinned or another one. this one falls for me in grey area.

Savage Arms 64FFS

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

township regulation? unless im missing something, but i dont think you are limited to clip size on .22's in ontario...
    fishy steve
    id rather be lost in the woods, than found in the city!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No worries about 10 . 22s in your mag. The # of shots allowed is for shotguns and that limit is set at three. Get at em and have fun my only advice would be go slow and sneaky through the bush if using your .22s . You are hoping to see the game before it sees u so u can get a poke before they flee. If using shotgun you can be a little more agressive with your approach like kicking brush piles and such. Have fun and share your results.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Poltrojan, good on you for making sure your meeting regs, as the previous gents have stated your not limited to 3 in a 22, my personal rule is 5 (even thought the gun holds 10), simply easier for me to track, and don't see a situation where I should need more than that readily available.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Don't worry with the .22 in Canada there's no magazine limit on rimefire firearms including when hunting, you could have a 100 round drum mag if you wanted.
    Hunting isn't my favorite sport, its my way of life.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

thank you guys for your replies, i am planning to go with my dad and i couldn't get a clear clarification (whoopee with the laws and regs) about this particular rimfire. I do know that shotty is to be plugged by 3 (2+1 chamber)

well then, i'll let you guys know the results after this weekend. my dad's and I first hunt.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poltrojan View Post
    thank you guys for your replies, i am planning to go with my dad and i couldn't get a clear clarification (whoopee with the laws and regs) about this particular rimfire. I do know that shotty is to be plugged by 3 (2+1 chamber)

well then, i'll let you guys know the results after this weekend. my dad's and I first hunt.
    Be safe and shoot straight to knock them dead , lad . Good luck to you and your dad .

TD

Just starting out

User Info Menu

If your hunting with the .22 then your gonna wanna see them before they run, like previously stated. My tip to you and your dad on spotting them is to look for the "blueberry", the eye of the rabbit. Its easier to see the eye shining through the brush then the brown or white body. Remember "look for the blueberry". Good luck and have fun.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Look in briar patches and the really thick stuff, don't expect too much action mid day last hour of legal lights usually when things get more exciting. Don't get discouraged if you don't get anything, good luck
    Hunting isn't my favorite sport, its my way of life.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Be safe, have fun and remember that .22 bullet can travel a long ways...
    best of luck
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast