Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '14 euro mount done.....finally!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default '14 euro mount done.....finally!

With all the fun of renovations continuing and an entire house in need of drywall I haven't had much time in the dungeon thus far. I finally had enough time tonight to put the finishing touches on my buck from the 2014 season. I do think I need to design a longer plaque...... and get a bigger dungeon, the addition of a jointer, planer and table saw have left things cramped.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Well you could deliver me the firewood I see in the background to give you some more room . Mount looks good .

TD

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Looks great, well done!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I always like that look better.....nicley done.

I make my plaques using side (angle) cuts of hardwood trees. Leave the bark on and it looks great. I had buddy give me a 8' log from a 8"-10" apple tree a few years back and I cut a whack of 1.5" slabs for future mounts...cheap and they look really nice with a light stain.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Looks really good. Congrats on a nice looking euro buck!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Well done, very nice rack !

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 400bigbear View Post
    Well you could deliver me the firewood I see in the background to give you some more room . Mount looks good .

TD
    Lol. The rest of the wood is outside yet. Im only throwing in a cord at a time to keep extra space and to help the wife keep it under 30 in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I always like that look better.....nicley done.

I make my plaques using side (angle) cuts of hardwood trees. Leave the bark on and it looks great. I had buddy give me a 8' log from a 8"-10" apple tree a few years back and I cut a whack of 1.5" slabs for future mounts...cheap and they look really nice with a light stain.
    Apple is really nice wood. The grain really pops on it when coated. I have some June plum in blocks im waiting to try.

Thanks guys!
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Beauty mount.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Heck of a buck Oaknut, congrats!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Canadian Waterfowl Supplies Pro Staff | Go Hunt Birds Field Staff

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Beauty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast