Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to upgrade my electronics

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Looking to upgrade my electronics

I am looking to upgrade the electronics on my boat. There are lots to choose from but I am looking for a down imaging, GPS combo unit. Looked at the Lowrance 5HDI combo but then I saw the Hummingbird Helix 5 that is coming out. For $350 (US) I can get down imaging plus GPS and a larger screen......has anyone seen this unit yet?

Looks like it might me a leader for this year.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I'm running a raymarine dragonfly unit. Very happy with it this past season. Honestly don't use the downimaging much. however the chirp feature is great. My marks have lots of detail.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I'm also looking to upgrade to a sonar/gps combo. Looking in the $500-$600 range. The more I read the more I get confused...Helix 5, switch fire, dual image, side image, down image, HD, CHIRP, navionics, bluechart, lakemaster, lakemaster gold, platinum, tuti-fruiti, comes with bag of chips AAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

I feel like just sending my credit card number to GPS Central or Radio World and tell them to send me something.
    Last edited by Tony Mo; February 8th, 2015 at 09:56 AM.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Have you narrowed down your search......I now know more than I ever wanted about fish finders. I'm thinking of going with the Helix 5 with Si and Di/GPS combo - $529 Bass Pro. I just missed the sale where they had an $80 gift card with it but I will wait until the last possible moment and I am sure someone will have it on same between now and May

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    then I saw the Hummingbird Helix 5 that is coming out. For $350 (US) I can get down imaging plus GPS and a larger screen
    Radioworld will have it cheaper at $400 Can($320 US) or $470 Can($376 US) with Nav card.
    Unit is listed as coming soon.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Well I went with the Humminbird Helix 5 SI GPS KVD Combo, Black. $499 on Amazon.ca and free shipping.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mo View Post
    Well I went with the Humminbird Helix 5 SI GPS KVD Combo, Black. $499 on Amazon.ca and free shipping.
    That is what I'm looking for......thanks for the heads up

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Well I'm in the same boat as a the previous posts. Best deal I can find is the Humminbird Helix 5 Chirp Sonar/GPS G2 combo for $409 at Cabelas Canada. I did miss a better deal at Radio World that expired April 1st.

If anyone see a better deal I'd appreciate a heads up. My old unit is still working but it's 10 years old and very limited .

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I ended up getting the Helix 5 with Si and Di/GPS and paid $529.00 but shortly after I bought it about this time 2 years ago the price was adjusted for exchange and the prices went up drastically. They are now selling for $650

Keep an eye out for sales at Bass Pro and Cabelas.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Keep an eye open now for sales that include a Navionics chip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast