Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Can y bring back decoys from the US

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I hunt fields so that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Shells don't work if hunting on water... at least the ones we got.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Shells don't work if hunting on water... at least the ones we got.
    I've never done it, but I've seen pics online where guys add pipe insulation around the bottom lip of the shells to get them to float. Might blow over in a wind or they might suction like the duck shells I used for hike in marsh hunts.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    OK one more question on Decoys. Shell decoys vs full body vs those socks.

Are the shells ok?? My other hunting buddy has full bodied, are the shells OK or would I be better to get full bodies even if I can only get half as many?? What about the socks.
    shells work fine the issue is they are not that visable in corn stubble. you can make stakes and drill a hole in the middle of the shell to give them height so thet are better visable at a distance. Plus you wil get a bit of motion as well
    Barry Keicks

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    My Parents live in Florida durring the winter from Jan - April. So they can bring back something like 500 bucks were of goods. The delivery is free in the US. So the cost of the 6 decoys including an exchange rate of 30% on my visa comes to 80.00.

Approx 13.33/decoy for Higdon's, through the US walmart.

Wallymart USA won't sell to a Canadian Billing Address, or let you buy them and ship to a store with a Canadian Credit Card/Billing Address. I tried with some Turkey Decoys last spring. I finally found them from some obscure online store and had them sent to our UPS in Buffalo.

Gander Mountain has Higdon, and similar pricing. I would order from them, and you can have them ship to the store also - so you can avoid the $5-10 UPS fee too..

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I will have to get the old man to order them for me I guess.

Thank everyone for your advice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RTRonthefly View Post
    Wallymart USA won't sell to a Canadian Billing Address, or let you buy them and ship to a store with a Canadian Credit Card/Billing Address. I tried with some Turkey Decoys last spring. I finally found them from some obscure online store and had them sent to our UPS in Buffalo.

Gander Mountain has Higdon, and similar pricing. I would order from them, and you can have them ship to the store also - so you can avoid the $5-10 UPS fee too..

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Yes, you definitely can!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456