Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Guelph Lake or Belwood Lake reports?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Any Guelph Lake or Belwood Lake reports?

Anyone been fishing these two lakes? Hows the fishing and hows the ice?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I was out to Guelph Last weekend. Lots of ice 14" range. Fishing was slow - really cold and windy day managed a few hammer handles through the hole and some perch. Nothing of size. Not sure about Belwood.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Yea I fish it in summer never seen and perch if any size. Thought maybe they bidding until cooler water.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Guelph lake i hear is closed in the winter and u will b fined and charged with tresspassing if u go their for anything!!! Even on the south side of the hwy too, it is illegal to fish!!!!
    Its cause they dont want the reposibility of checking the ice for safety!!!!
    Belwood is over fished and having 200 ppl their on a weekend im sure do a good # on the no pike that r left in the lake!!!
    The lions club had a pike derby the last 2 years on belwood and not 1 pike was caught all weekend in the 2 years and they had 100's of ppl fishing it!!!!
    So ya, not a good lake at all, better to go to thames and fish their or simcoe or way north ,where fish r!!!!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

My buddy worked their for years and is now the bylaw officer for another town, and he said dont waste ur time their to fish, the cormarants too eat a good # of anything left in the lake too!!!!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Wow... Haha. Guelph lake perchin hasn't been bad but it is hit and miss. As for the dreary dooms day posts previous take with a grain of salt.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Belwood fishing has been good - Perch, Pike & Pickerel have been caught through the ice this year.

AVOID weekends and you will do alright.

Quote Originally Posted by funguy2010 View Post
    The lions club had a pike derby the last 2 years on belwood and not 1 pike was caught all weekend in the 2 years and they had 100's of ppl fishing it!!!!
    Not True at all, I fished the Derby both of those years and their were fish caught and turned in. In 2013 the #'s were low and a fish under 30" won. IN 2014 I am not sure who won or what size, as we were skunked.

So the fishing is hit or miss, but there are some decent fish in the lake.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Nice small mouth bass in there to. I can recall 30 day fish in Bellwood on the opener some years.
    A bad day of fishing....is not as bad as you think.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Wheres a good place to park. From what i saw in summer looks like all roads have no parking signs. For guelph i mean

Thanks

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I went by both places Saturday and lots of guys out. Report is min 10" at Bellwood. Never got on the ice, I got my report from the girl at the guard house

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast