View Poll Results: Are you planning an extensive hunting or fishing trip in 2015?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 38.10%
  • Still deciding

20 19.05%
  • No

45 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jan-Feb Polling Our Readers

Past Administrator

User Info Menu

Default Jan-Feb Polling Our Readers

The latest issue we ask Are you planning an extensive hunting or fishing trip in 2015?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I'm lucky. I have all the hunting out my back door!!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

For the first time I am disappointed with this months ODD mag. Nothing but stories relating to commercial business. Advertnews (made up) selling, seems devoted to outfitters, not hunters. Sell, sell. This stuff used to be devoted to the back pages, and were good in that format. Get back to root guys/gals.
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I think that "extensive" hunting and fishing trips...in general...are being curtailed as the economic conditions dictate that the families disposable income is no longer disposable.

Guys can't even afford to get away for a week of traditional hunting anymore, let alone dropping $2-3K for an adventure of a lifetime.

Thank God for retirement !!...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by line052 View Post
    For the first time I am disappointed with this months ODD mag. Nothing but stories relating to commercial business.
    You mean it's not the worth the 1/2 mile walk in sub arctic conditions to my mail box

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I hunt for a living. When I go on vacation I don't want to do anything involving hunting. Except pictures.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Nothing but stories relating to commercial business. Advertnews (made up) selling, seems devoted to outfitters, not hunters. Sell, sell.
    I found my Jan-Feb mag, it was under crap on the back seat of the wife's car, she picked it up about a month ago I'm told....thanks hun

Its primarily the fishing issue so no great loss for me; but I see what you are referring to....they created a section called the "Getaway Issue" that runs from page 30-36...plus page 36-38 of what to pack for your $5K fishing trip. Then they added another section called "3 Great Trips" pages 40-45...more outfitter info. Includes info for a $3K for a week of hunting in the Kap !!

You can see why they usually target U.S. clients !!

Mind you I would rather spend $3k for a week in a cabin in the Kap than a $3k Vacation to Mexico to lay on a beach letting sand fleas crawl into my speedo

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I will be racking up the miles again this year!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Canadian Waterfowl Supplies Pro Staff | Go Hunt Birds Field Staff

Member for Life

User Info Menu

My brother is a guide in BC . Love to visit him for a hunt , but no $$$$. The answer to the poll is unfortunately " no".

( Every day is a hunt for you TR . Looking forward to what you will see this year on the road.)
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

For the first time I am disappointed with this months ODD mag. Nothing but stories relating to commercial business. Advertnews (made up) selling, seems devoted to outfitters, not hunters. Sell, sell. This stuff used to be devoted to the back pages, and were good in that format. Get back to root guys/gals.
    I enjoy Ontario Out of Doors Magazine but for outdoor stories I subscribe to Petersen's Hunting magazine. I really like the hunting articles from all over the world which I will never get to, but find the adventures a great read. Check it out...
    Al7mm
    Shoot straight not often

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast