Thread: Old OOD articles

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Default Old OOD articles

Does anyone know where to find articles in back issues of OOD mag? I tried the google thing but came up short. In particular I was looking for an article from the April 2012 issue about the history of the Johnny Green lure. Tia.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Good News...I have it here in front of me....."The Johnny Green Spoon"

It's 3 page article so I could scan it and sent it digitally...or if you want a photo copy, PM me you address and I'll pop a copy into the mail for you.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

There used to be a fairly good article bank on the website, it's still there under the fishing or hunting menu at the top of the forum but the number of articles seems to have been reduced. When you click on Fishing for example you will get a drop down that is species specific which will lead you to anything that is posted about that species. The first few pages seem to be mostly "photo Friday" but there are some recent articles and some blog articles that don't show up in the mag.
    Couldn't find the article on the spoon though, sorry.
    Heeere fishy fishy fishy fishy! :fish:

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Good News...I have it here in front of me....."The Johnny Green Spoon"

It's 3 page article so I could scan it and sent it digitally...or if you want a photo copy, PM me you address and I'll pop a copy into the mail for you.
    Mike that would be great if you could scan it for me. Much appreciated. I used to have that mag but lost a few hundred mags in a fire back in sept. 2012. Had some real old ones too.

Tks again. I sent you an email so you have my addy again.

Cheers

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    There used to be a fairly good article bank on the website, it's still there under the fishing or hunting menu at the top of the forum but the number of articles seems to have been reduced. When you click on Fishing for example you will get a drop down that is species specific which will lead you to anything that is posted about that species. The first few pages seem to be mostly "photo Friday" but there are some recent articles and some blog articles that don't show up in the mag.
    Couldn't find the article on the spoon though, sorry.
    Rugger tks for checking for me. It would be nice if there were digital versions of older issues available going back a few years or more, but I have no idea how much work that would be.

Cheers

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I've attached the files to your email address...enjoy !!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smitty55 View Post
    It would be nice if there were digital versions of older issues available going back a few years or more, but I have no idea how much work that would be.
    If you go back further than about 15-20 yrs, you run into the problem that the magazine may not actually own the rights to the articles. Before the Internet, magazines typically paid only for one-time rights to an article, which precludes republishing them.

Putting up old articles on the web would be a fair amount of work, and of course the problem is the magazine pays someone to do it and probably gets no money out of it. It pays to have a basement full of old magazines.
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I've attached the files to your email address...enjoy !!
    Tks a lot Mike. You're a good man. I enjoyed reading it again. Neat story. I also posted it on fish-hawk and have gotten positive responses, including a little story about a totally home made family lure used exclusively on this way,way back lake in Algonquin Park. This family had fished the park for 60 years. The lure totally outfished everything else in that lake. In fact, it was literally the only lure in their tackle box.

Cheers