Thread: Simcoe Perch this week....

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Simcoe Perch this week....

Thinking of taking a run up to Simcoe tomorrow for a couple days of perch fishing. How is the lake holding up for ATV travel up there? Down here on St. Clair the slush is a mess and the fish are pretty much non existent. I hear Simcoe perch have been pretty spotty, but it can't be any worse than it is down here lol. Any updates or advise would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I live on the north shore and travelled 25 kms today on my Grizzly. Travel is better then I though it would be, however slush is starting to form in places. Keep a descent pace going and I don't think you'll have any problems. Sorry, was targeting whitefish not perch, can't help you there.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help! Just packing up now.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Yep just watch for drifts!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Perch suck this year they are hard to find and when ya do find them they dont wanna hit. I was even using 1lb floro and a shiner on a hook still just staring at it hope they turn on. Worst year for them ive had
    Rip yanken em!!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

We got some really nice fish while we were up there. The numbers were way down though. Still had a great time. Hoping to get back up soon.

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

yes been having the same problem on my usual spot, I think the lack of snow on the ice had driven then just a little deeper , I could see bottom very clearly in 24' of water on the weekend and they like a bit of cover.

hoping to get out this coming weekend, although the rain that is supposed to come won't be fun.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Walleyehawger View Post
    Thinking of taking a run up to Simcoe tomorrow for a couple days of perch fishing. How is the lake holding up for ATV travel up there? Down here on St. Clair the slush is a mess and the fish are pretty much non existent. I hear Simcoe perch have been pretty spotty, but it can't be any worse than it is down here lol. Any updates or advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Been messaging you about the choke you have listed? Maybe not getting PM's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Life is full of wonderful opportunities brilliantly disguised as insolvable problems."